six - people are weird, nice and scary

Out of all the things I could walk in and see my brother doing, the thing that I least expected was seeing Tina cuddling Blaine's naked chest.

I furrowed my eyebrows, gagging as the smell of vaporub filled my nostrils. Chucking Blaine's t-shirt I borrowed, I left the crime scene as quickly as I could.

I whipped around during my exit, accidentally bumping into my mom while doing so.

"Sorry!"

She brushed it off, but gave me a weird look. "Why do you like you've seen something gross?"

"That's just my face," I joked, before growing serious. "Don't go into Blaine's room. His friend Tina's sleeping on him and I'm pretty sure she's not doing it because they're best friends."

Mom gave me another strange look, but nodded and walked away. I had a feeling she knew about Tina's weird behaviour.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled a face as I walked past Blaine's door again to get to my room. I don't know why I started walking the other way, but as soon I stepped into my bedroom I remembered I was going to get food.

I shrugged, deciding to wait until my dad got home and we could have dinner. We only had it together on occasion, but Mom always made sure we would eat at similar times. Mom finished work at four and Dad finished at six, and it was five. So not much of a wait.

I had finished the meagre amount of homework I had ages ago, so I flopped down onto my bed and picked my phone up.

My heart stopped when I saw a text and a Facebook message, the text from Ryder and the other from a guy I never wanted to interfere with ever again.

I replied to Ryder's simple message of 'Hey :)' first, saying hi in return with a smiley face. And a blushing face in real life. But he didn't need to know that.

The second message I tapped on with a growl, reading it with distaste.

Harris Wilson:
How are you finding public school life?

Annabelle Anderson:
Go away Harris. I told you I never wanted to talk to you ever again.

I exited Facebook and went to the YouTube app, scrolling through my subscription box in order to distract myself. But then I got another notification and returned to my inbox.

Harris Wilson:
Don't be like that.
What have I ever done to you?

Annabelle Anderson:
Acted like a jerk and dated me for three months, then admitted that it was all a bet.
I don't know about you, but I think I have every right to ignore you.

Harris Wilson:
Bitch.
And to think I actually liked you.

Annabelle Anderson:
You dated me for twenty bucks, I'm sure you didn't have much affection towards me.

Then I did what I should have done months ago, and blocked his sorry ass. I smirked in triumph, surprised at my sudden rush of confidence, but that all disappeared quickly when fear overtook me.

After being in a public high school for three days, I realised Harris was nothing compared to jocks. He was incredibly smart, I'll give him that, but his muscles were gummy worms in comparison to their oranges.

Nevertheless, I knew he could cause damage.

Speaking of jocks, I remembered that Ryder had actually texted me back. I exchanged numbers with the glee club, although Kitty had stalked off as soon as the meeting finished. I wouldn't have asked for her number anyway. She scares the living daylights out of me.

Ryder:
You sang rly well in glee today :)

Annabelle:
as did you 😛
You have an awesome voice.

Ryder:
😊😊😊
are u gonna sit with us now??
we have a seat with ur name on it

I laughed, flipping over onto my back and smiling as I typed a reply. It was rather strange, my mood had switched drastically in a matter of moments. Perhaps Ryder was going to be a good influence on me.

Annabelle:
Maybe 😛
I might try sitting in the toilet cubicle at least once though.

Ryder and I chatted back and forth for a little while, and I couldn't deny the happiness I felt while talking to him. Sure, his messages were riddled with spelling mistakes and he used a lot of smileys, but he seemed genuinely nice.

I heard footsteps and slamming doors after a while, and figured that Tina was fleeing the scene. Then I smelt the mouth-watering scent of my mom's cooking, and quickly bid farewell to Ryder as I rushed downstairs.

Blaine and my parents were already putting pasta in their bowls as I went into the kitchen, so I waited until they had finished.

"Blaine told us that you joined glee club today." Mom commented happily. She was in choir when she was younger, but hasn't sung in years.

"If it wasn't for Finn, I wouldn't have joined, but I think it might be good." I answered, sitting in the barstool next to Blaine.

"She sang with one of the new kids, Ryder, and was amazing." Blaine grinned at me, sounding like Mom and Dad when they were proud of me. I rolled my eyes, sticking my tongue out at him and taking a bite of my pasta.

"Is this 'Ryder' cute?" Mom teased, earning an eye-roll and cough from both my brother and my father. Being the youngest, I was naturally protected and babied by my family. Mom liked talking to me about boys, although we hadn't done so since Harris dumped me.

"He's really cute," I admitted with a laugh. "We sing well together and he's nice, but I'm too quiet to do anything. He wouldn't like me anyway."

"Maybe the glee club will change that." Mom said mysteriously, giving me a wink before disappearing into the lounge with my dad. He seemed less than pleased talking about Ryder's appearance.

I giggled, eating the rest of my food in silence. I wanted to chat Ryder again, but then I felt like we had run out of conversation. Who knows what we'll be talking about in glee tomorrow, or in the PE class we had together.

"Ryder's a nice guy, but I don't want you leaping in too fast. We saw what happened with Harris. The asshole." Blaine hissed the last part under his breath, standing up to put his bowl in the dishwasher.

"I don't like Ryder!" I argued.

"I'm sure you won't be thinking about that in a week." Blaine replied in a singsong voice.

I gave him a look, before walking towards the living room. My copy of Pride and Prejudice was screaming my name.

"Fine. Ask me in a week, and I'm sure my answer will be unchanged."

---------------

These chapters are short asf, I don't really mind the length but I feel like nothing's happening but I want to upload as much as I can as fast as possible so I can get to the good bits and still have more detail than last time. I'm sorry if this sucks, I can promise lots more chapters if I try and post everyday. Let's see how long that lasts oops.