ten - love sucks

Valentine's Day hit me like a slap to the face. A figurative slap, of course.

I had woken to the overly sweet smell of roses filling the house, making me cough before I'd even opened my eyes.

"Blaine!" I yelled angrily, my voice raspy and groggy with sleep.

I heard footsteps up the stairs, and Blaine popped into my room. He looked more awake then I ever could at this time, especially when we'd been given the day off from school to go to Mr Schue's wedding. In a way I was relieved to avoid cheesy couples with tacky gifts and fake declarations of love, but a wedding was just as bad. Although it wouldn't be pleasant if the declarations of lifelong love were fake.

"It's a new air freshener that I found in Walmart for five dollars. I bought seven. Doesn't it smell like love?" Blaine announced, sounding strangely enthusiastic.

I sat up in bed, giving him a questionable look. "How can you be so chipper? You don't have a Valentine."

"You bet I do." I groaned, noticing the look of determination and flopping down onto my pillow.

"Kurt's a nice guy, Blaine. I'm sure he's doing just fine without you, don't try anything."

"That's not true!" Blaine protested. "I'll prove you wrong, Belly. Just have fun with Ryder and leave us to our fun."

"I don't like Ryder! And that sounds creepy Blaine." I called after him as he ran out of my room.

I could hear his echoing laugh get quieter, and refused to let my eyes close. With a heavy sigh, I turned in bed to grab my phone off my bedside table. After procrastinating for a while, I managed to drag myself out of bed and padded downstairs.

I squinted at the brightness, but noticed the time on the microwave clock. It was nine in the morning, our parents had gone to work and hopefully avoided the stench of commercial love.

Blaine was standing at the stove in the kitchen, humming along to the radio under his breath as he danced in his pyjamas. I giggled sleepily, gladly inhaling the new, fresh smell of pancakes.

"Are you making what I think you're making?" I asked, sitting down on a barstool and resting my head in my hands.

"If you're thinking lemon blueberry pancakes, you are correct." Blaine chirped.

I grinned, knowing that was Blaine's specialty. Cooking wasn't a talent of mine, but I when I felt like being incredibly unhealthy Blaine and I made French toast and bacon with vanilla ice cream. Although I don't usually do anything.

Blaine put a plate of pancakes on the table, and we tucked in as a song by 'Fun.' played in the background.

We had to be at the chapel at twelve, so I had enough time to force Blaine to watch television with me for an hour. Then I disappeared into the bathroom, making sure I got in before Blaine.

Getting ready was quicker than I thought, and the dress that I had bought especially for the wedding made me feel quite pretty. I was told that because it was Valentine's Day, the colour theme was pink.

Walking out of my bedroom after an hour or so, I laughed when I saw Blaine in his room, dressed up in his suit and plastering down his curly hair with hair gel.

When he saw me he grinned, wiping his hands and giving me a hug.

"Well isn't my little sister the prettiest thing in the world?" Blaine cooed, making me groan and playfully push him away.

"I'm not five anymore Blainey." I said firmly, before checking the time on my phone. My eyes widened, and I sprinted downstairs.

"Crap, we're going to be late!" I yelled, grabbing my purse from the kitchen counter and swinging my dance bag over my shoulder. I had jazz at five, so I was planning on slipping away from the reception early.

I leapt into Blaine's car, chucking my bag in the backseat and waiting impatiently for Blaine to get downstairs.

He showed up in a flash, and we were on our way. Thankfully Blaine isn't too reckless of a driver, and can get away with going pretty fast.

~~~

We arrived to the chapel minutes before twelve, and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw people still arriving.

I hopped out of the car, grinning when I saw Kurt approach us. He gave me a hug and a smile, but when he went to Blaine I knew it was time for me to leave.

I walked down the pathway leading to the building, my small pink heels click-clacking softly. Looking down at the pink lace of my dress, I shyly joined the small crowd of people entering the chapel.

My invitation and my purse were clutched tightly in my hand as I entered the main church building, and I looked around in awe of the pretty decorations.

"Annabelle!" I jerked my head at the sound of my name, smiling slightly when I saw Marley, Jake and Ryder waving at me from one of the pews.

I was about to walk over to them when I spotted a familiar face out of the corner of my eye. Walking into the pew behind them, I tapped Quinn on the shoulder and waited for her to turn around.

Her green eyes widened in surprise, and I grinned when I realised that it was Santana sitting next to her. The girls stood up, both of them giving me a friendly hug.

"Well if it isn't Baby Anderson." Santana's nickname for me made me chuckle, and I couldn't help but be overwhelmingly glad that Blaine introduced me to these two sassy women last year.

"Have you finally made the move to McKinley?" Quinn asked in interest. I nodded, fiddling with one of my blonde curls.

"I don't hate it as much as I thought." I replied.

"Any boys that have caught your eye?" Quinn winked, although laughed when I pulled a face.

"I thought one did, but they like a girl who's in a relationship." I rolled my eyes, resisting the temptation to turn around and glance at Ryder.

"Boys suck. Liking girls is much easier." Santana said, her signature smirk playing on her lips.

I opened my mouth to start a reply, but got interrupted as Blaine appeared out of nowhere. His hair was slightly dishevelled, and I raised an eyebrow. I didn't ask any questions though, bidding a quick goodbye to Santana and Quinn before getting whisked away to another pew.

I gave Blaine a nudge as he stared at the back of Kurt's head, winking playfully at him. Then, once Finn (the best man) and Mr Schue had arrived and the music started the procession of pink dress-clad bridesmaid, we all turned in anticipation to see the bride.

I made eye contact with Ryder as I turned, blushing when he smiled at me. Then I noticed a glimpse of white lace, and waited to see Miss Pillsbury enter.

The bride came into view, and my jaw dropped.

"What's Coach Sue doing?" Blaine whispered harshly, joining the bundle of other people mumbling their shock.

She walked up to a shocked Mr Schue, softly telling him something. Mr Schue's face dropped, and that's when I knew that things weren't good.

-------------

ITS BEEN AGES IM SORRY BUT I WENT ON A SCHOOL TRIP AND IT WAS EXHAUSTING THEN I HAD A BUTT TON OF SCHOOLWORK.

Anywho, the wedding is now in two parts ✌️