twelve - marley doesn't kiss and tell

I arrived to school on Friday with a smile on my face. Blaine did too, so we walked down the hallways together with grins on our faces. The Anderson siblings, overwhelmingly happy with life.

"We should sing a song in glee today, to express our happiness with the world." Blaine suggested as we walked to his locker first. The hallways were still considerably empty, since we had arrived to school earlier than we usually do.

"But..." I began, before getting a look from Blaine. "Can we do a little Sinatra?"

Blaine beamed at my suggestion, nodding as he slipped a couple of books into his bag. He linked his arm through mine, and together we walked gleefully to my locker.

I unlocked my locker and started to grab my History binder when both of our phones buzzed.

Artie: Anything Could Happen. Ellie Goulding. Auditorium. Lunchtime. Wear blue or purple. Red chucks.

"So I guess we aren't singing this week." I said, trying to mask a smirk of triumph. Blaine gave me a look, before shrugging.

"At least it's a good song." Blaine mumbled, before raising his tone. "I have a free period before lunch, do you want me to pick up some stuff for us from home?"

I nodded, looking down at my dark blue jumper and thanking myself mentally for choosing well this morning. Then, my phone buzzed again.

Marley: I can't get blue clothes before lunch!!! Can I please borrow something from you??

"Can you get extra for Marley?" I asked Blaine, chuckling as I texted her back.

"Thanks Annabelle!" I jumped when Marley suddenly walked past us. She turned around and grinned at me, before walking down the hall slightly.

The corridor started to fill with more students, and my heart fluttered when I saw Ryder closing his locker down the hall. I felt Blaine nudge me, and I rolled my eyes. I waited for him to make eye contact with me, then froze when Marley walked up to him.

He grinned at her, talking before his expression grew serious.

My eyes widened, and I felt my heart pounding. Not in a good way.

Ryder seemed to say something again, before he hesitated.

Then he kissed her.

My hand flew to my mouth, and I whipped around to look at Blaine. His expression was hard, and he was looking in the direction of Ryder and Marley. Then he turned to me, and his face turned into one of pure sympathy.

"Belly..." He started to say. I didn't reply, only grabbed my books and slammed my locker shut.

"See you at lunchtime." I muttered, before walking off. My plan was to escape to the library, like I usually did, but unfortunately I had to pass Ryder and Marley in order to get there.

I started walking past them, keeping my eyes focused on the linoleum floor. Because of the growing crowd of students, I was forced to walk directly past the two of them. I knew they saw me, but I just kept walking.

I made to the library, and disappeared behind a shelf as I felt tears well up in my eyes. My glasses started getting harder to look through as my vision grew blurry, and I sank to the floor as I rested my face in my hands.

My body shook with silent sobs, and I instantly regretted confirming any sort of feelings towards Ryder yesterday. Everything that happened between us yesterday was a lie. The eye contact, the compliments, the dance. It was all a distraction for him.