Chapter Thirty-Two

"No. You said in your letter it wasn't goodbye! You can't leave us!" Gilthunder yelled, trying to persuade his little sister into staying. She just smiled sadly.

"That wasn't goodbye, Gil because this is."

Before anyone could say anything else, Selene was teleported to Meliodas. Meliodas released an attack and once the dust cleared, she was able to see they were surrounded. Meliodas went to attack but his arm was cut clean off. Selene gasped a little and pulled out her sword.

"Selene, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Ah. So you must be Selene. I've heard much about you." Selene glared at the demon with black hair.

"What do you-" Before she could finish, she was interrupted by chains wrapping around her and Meliodas. They quickly went away but she knew something was wrong. Meliodas sent an attack while Selene just stood still, trying to decide what to do. She didn't want to let out her demon side and risk losing control just yet.

"These are... 'The Cursed Chains of Enmity"...Where ever you have been cursed by them...You will never be able to escape from...your "deaths" are now inevitable."

"What do you want with Selene? Your fight is with me, not her." Derriere started to attack Meliodas while Zeldris started to speak.

"Just for her to be our ally."

"I will never help you!"

"Which is why you are a part of this fight. Rumor has it, if you die again, you will be sent to the Demon King. All we have to do is kill you and then once you wake up, you won't remember anything. You will see us as allies and your friends as enemies." Selene took a few steps back, trying to get away, realizing the huge mistake she made. Her plan had a high probability of failing and she knew it. But she didn't give up. Deep down, she knew she had no chance to overpower the Demon King's powers but it was her only chance. "You're forgetting you can't leave here. Either you kill us, or we kill you. And based on our numbers and strength, I think we both know which one it's going to be." Selene ignored the demon and grabbed a hold of Meliodas as he was flying past her. His arms were completely pulverized. She gently placed her hands on his arms and healed them.

"You shouldn't be here. The Demon King is going to-"

"I'm not going to let him." Selene said, cutting him off. Derriere flew over and hit both of them. Selene went flying towards the other demons while Meliodas got his arms reinjured. Selene hit the ground hard but quickly stood up. Before she could run over to Meliodas, Zeldris pulled her arm behind her back. "Let go of me!" Selene struggled but couldn't get out of his grasp. Meliodas flew through the air with his sword in his mouth but Selene knew the attack wasn't enough. The battle was practically over.

But the smile that appeared on Meliodas's face begged to differ. Hope rushed through Selene once she realized what he was doing.

"Revenge counter!" Before Selene even had a chance to worry about the attack coming at her, it was stopped. All Estarossa had to do was stick out his hand. Meliodas fell back on to the ground.

"How should we do this, Zeldris? Have her watch her hero die or have him watch his only hope of winning this war die?"

"I say we kill her first. She's the last chance of survival everyone has so we should make him suffer watching her die." Selene gasped and tried to pull her arm away. She fought with all of her strength but then Zeldris let go of her and gave her a push. Estarossa stabbed a sword into one of Meliodas's hearts, pinning him to the ground. Selene was sent flying and landed next to Meliodas. Estarossa turned and put a sword into her first heart as she clenched her jaw tightly.

"Stop don't kill her!" Meliodas couldn't do anything but turn his head to look at her.

"Meliodas..." A sword was stabbed into her second heart.

"Selene, you selfless idiot." The woman from the void's voice was in her head. "You just had to save your friends, didn't you? Who am I kidding? I would have been more surprised if you didn't. I hope we meet again sometime soon. Just don't give up hope." Selene smiled slightly.

"It's going to be okay! We'll find a way out of this." Meliodas said while her third heart was stabbed.

"No, we won't. This is no longer a battle between us and our enemies. It's now between ourselves. You'll be sent to the Demon King too, right?" A sword was pushed into her fourth heart.

"How did you know?"

"Lucky guess." Pandora paused to cough, a small stream of blood ran from her mouth. "Protect them. When you come back, protect them. I'm not going to be here to do it. I'm not going to let myself come back just to hurt the people I care about." Selene smiled sadly at him as her fifth heart burst. A tear gently streamed down her face.

"Selene...Don't say that. You're going to be okay. I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. I'm going to die." Saying it out loud made it all too real. She was filled with an overwhelming sense of fear realizing she was about to die. "I don't want to die. I haven't done enough with my life. I don't want to die here. I don't want this to be the end." A sword stabbed into her sixth heart and she sobbed silently and closed her eyes.

Even though she was the one who got stabbed, Meliodas felt his heartbreak. He wasn't able to save her. He didn't want to admit it but his promise was about to be broken. Estarossa started speaking to Meliodas but she couldn't make out what he was saying. She gently opened her eyes when she saw Meliodas's soul leaving his body. Melascula was trying to remove his soul until her neck was snapped, letting out a series of gurgles as the blood left her mouth.

"You mind repeating that? I didn't hear you the first time."

"B-Ban. What are you doing here?" Selene's voice was so quiet Ban didn't hear her.

"You damned idiot... why the hell... did you come here?" Ban walked over to help Meliodas up but he crawled over to Selene. Estarossa took this as the perfect opportunity to stab a sword through one of Meliodas's hearts. Ban went to attack him, still not noticing Selene, but Estarossa put a sword through Meliodas. He fell back right next to Selene. She was just barely conscious.

"Selene! Oh my god." Ban said as he looked at all of the swords sticking out of her. She looked like a human pin-cushion which was slightly ironic because of the way her father died. A large puddle of blood lay underneath her. A small stream of blood traveled down from her mouth, gently dripping into the puddle. She smiled sadly at him, happy she got to spend her final moments around two of the most important people in her life. Meliodas slowly pulled himself over to her. He gently pulled her into his arms, holding her.

"You're here. You're both here." Even though Selene was about to die, she couldn't help but grin. If she had to die, she didn't want it to be alone. "I-I don't want to die all alone."

"We're here." Meliodas said softly as Ban fell to his knees in front of them. He grabbed Selene's hand and held it tightly.

"How touching? Now you both can have front row seats as I kill her." Estarossa knelt down with a sword in his hand. Ban wrapped his arms around his neck, trying to strangle him but it was pointless.

"Don't kill her!" Ban said as he squeezed Estarossa's neck with all of his might. All Meliodas could do was watch.

"I believe in you, Selene. It's all going to be okay. I know you'll come back to us."

"Not if I can help it." Selene mumbled sadly. "If I fail I guess I'll see you both on the other side. Tell everyone I'm sorry for everything. Everything I have done and everything I do in the future." She reached out a shaky hand to touch Ban's cheek. Estarossa slowly lowered the sword until it impaled her last heart, having her hand drop lifelessly beside her.