Chapter Eleven

The next morning, the sins were making plans on what to do next, which I completely ignored. I was fascinated by Hawk. How a pig could talk was beyond me. I sat on the floor next to him while he ate a bowl of food. Meliodas tried to get the rest of the sins to come with him to receive his sword but they all rejected him. Meliodas then put his face under Elizabeth's skirt..? I don't know what's going on anymore.

"Meliodas are you serious?" Diane broke the window in the tavern and Meliodas then stood up to look at as though nothing happened. I went over to him and put a hand on his shoulder which erupted in flames. He patted out his shirt trying to get them out. "You're on thin ice saying as I was trying to kill you less than twenty-four hours ago."

"I've been meaning to ask about your powers, what are you?" Meliodas asked me as if it was the most commonly asked question.

"What.. am I? What do you mean?"

"Are you a human?"

"Uh.. yeah. I thought that was kinda obvious." Gowther then decided to join our conversation.

"I have never seen a human with such powers. I will need to investigate further." He then shot me with his magical arrow, giving him access to my brain. "I see. You are telling the truth that you think you are a human but you have unusual powers and heal at a rapid rate." I thought back to my broken noses that practically healed overnight.

"Oh well! Back to the task on hand. The dragon handle is a fragment of a ritual relic, 'The Coffin of Eternal Darkness.'" Everyone looked at him, not understanding what that meant. Meliodas then went on about the history of it as I tuned him out, drawing Hawk in my sketchbook. After a few minutes of drawing, Hawk started screaming. I jumped up to my feet getting startled. While on my feet, I got incredibly light-headed and started to sway. Elizabeth walked over to help me balance. Hawk rambled on but my ringing ears prevented me from hearing what he was saying. After a few seconds, the ringing cleared, allowing me to listen to the conversation.

"Come to think of it...why are they always...after Elizabeth, along with the sword?" Meliodas looked deep in thought.

"Because she's the last key to releasing the seal."

"Elizabeth! Get away from her!" Meliodas tried to jump over to her but he was too late. Elizabeth, Hawk, the mage, and I were teleported away.

Elizabeth and I fell onto a stone floor. Elizabeth got up and started asking a thousand questions, adding to my building headache. I knew in a matter of seconds where we were. We were in the dungeon of Liones. All of a sudden, Hawk threw his body against the door knocking it down.

Well, that was...convenient. Elizabeth helped me off the floor, putting my arm over her shoulder. My energy and strength still haven't returned from when I overexerted my powers yesterday. Hawk ran back over to us, bleeding slightly. I gently put my hand against it to try to stop the bleeding. Surprisingly, when I removed my hand, there wasn't even a scar left. Before I could even try to wrap my brain around what happened, Hawk threw himself into a guard.

"Alright, let's go!" Elizabeth and Hawk kept talking as Elizabeth helped me walk down the stone corridor. Without warning, we heard Margaret's voice.

Margaret. I haven't talked to her in a long time. I stepped away from Elizabeth and leaned up against a wall. I slowly slid down so I was sitting. I put my head on my knees to try to ease my aching head. Elizabeth talked with Margaret while Hawk came over and checked on me.

"Elizabeth! Selene isn't looking too good!" Hawk came over and nudged me but I held onto my head. I looked over at him and my vision faded into blackness.