• 21 •

𝙿𝚂: 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜 𝙳𝚊𝚢!! <𝟹𝟹

Nothing else could be said at the end of the day.

Atsumu's previous statement was meaningless.

Afterall the moment you tried to respond he pressed his index finger against your lips.

"But..." he paused, looking away. He appeared misty-eyed, as if he was trying to suppress what he really had to say.
"I don't want you to feel obligated to be there for me. I'm a grown man, yer a grown woman."

You squinted in confusion.
"T-Tsumu list-"

"No. I just wanted to get it off my chest, I don't want you to respond to it."
He almost begged.

Stubbornness was bubbling inside you.
You wanted to respond. Even if you brain didn't quite know what to say yet- it felt wrong to leave it like this. So open-ended. As if both your emotions could never truly be completed.

"Tsumu stop. You're going too fast, what's going on? Why are you telling me this now?"
you asked, the tension building up in your throat.

The rain didn't stop pouring, though you both didn't seem to notice how your clothes stuck to your skin, how his blonde hair covered his eyes. How it was hard to tell what was tears and what was water droplets.

He scoffed a little.
"Yer probably feel conflicted right now. I'm confusing ya aren't I?"

You frowned. "Yes captain obvious, you are."

Now he chuckled.
His voice was still unsteady.
"See (y/n)..."

You blinked expectantly, waiting for his answer, still unable to catch onto anything as fast since you were still drunk.

"You probably won't remember this conversation once you wake up tomorrow, so I just said it while yer not in the right conscious."
He admitted, a mischievous smirk crossing his face.

You pushed him slightly.
"I WILL REMEMBER!"
However, the slurring in your words made it blatantly obvious you probably wouldn't.

The setter patted your shoulder playfully.
"I'm proud of ya subway girl."

You slumped your shoulders, the sentence sounded so solemn yet so comforting.
"And why's that~?"

"You've grown so much, ya idiot. It's nice to see you being less clumsy." He laughed.

Giving him a brief middle finger, you turned away, pulling on the handle of his car door.
"Good for you asshole, now let's go home pleaseeeeeee!" you begged, the nausea still not settling in your stomach.