• 16 •

Aina's eyes had always been the most defined part of all her features

It was what Atsumu fell in love with.

[⚠️𝚂𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙵𝙻𝙰𝚂𝙷𝙱𝙰𝙲𝙺⚠️]

One briskly afternoon, as the day came to an end and everyone started heading from their campus back to the dormitories, Atsumu was where he always was after a long college day.

His friends would linger near the entrance of the building in a big huddle, along many other scattered friend groups. Some holding books, others tugging on their backpacks, most with volleyballs tucked under their arms.
That is, if they were from the sports
department.
Atsumu was part of the volleyball carriers.

Yet during that time, one of Atsumu's friends who was clearly messing around with him, happened to knock the volleyball out of his hands, launching it at the back of Aina's head.

Yikes.

That was Atsumu's immediate thought as he cringed. Aina, who was infuriated turned around instantly, her then brunette hair glistening in the sunset as her eyes met his.
It was as if time stopped, the air got chiller, fall leaves swirling past them made the scene look somewhat out of a beautifully set romance anime.

His honey-brown eyes latched onto hers.

They really were magnificent.
Shiny blue orbs, similar to the gentle waves of the Atlantic.
Atsumu noticed the difference of shading in her eyes, ranging from a deep to light blue.
Her hot tears were burning her pupils.

Now this breath-taking view was interrupted by Aina's face scrunching up and Atsumu receiving a painful slap to the face.
He winced, stumbling back instantly.

"OW!"
His eyes widened, giving her a bewildered look.

"Idiot! Watch what you're doing!"
She yelled.
Along with all this commotion, one of Aina's friends hit Atsumu back with the volleyball.

Aina's eyes finally adjusted on what exactly hit her.
"So you're some sorta volleyball player?"
She asked in a cocky tone.
Atsumu furrowed his eyes brows slightly.
"Damn right I am."
Aina scoffed. "Yeah righ-"

"Shut up." Atsumu smirked, tilting Aina's chin with the tip of his finger. "I'd come see one of my plays before uttering the sentence you were about to say."

Aina shivered at her touch, harshly moving away.
"I-I gotta go-"
And with that she was off.
So much for proper first impressions.