• 13 •

The loose red-heart sticker gazed back up at you as you watched it rest in your hands

Suna Rintarō, who was settling down comfortably on his couch, peeked over your shoulder to see what had grabbed your attention.

Earlier, while exiting the hospital, the nurse from Mio's empty room, had handed you back your bouquet of lavenders, and along with it, a pink envelope.
Holding your shoulder and leaning in, the nurse had whispered:
"She had this written for you for quite a while. She knew she might develop paralysis in her arms, anyways I think it's time I pass it onto you."
At the time, Suna was standing a couple feet away from you, making a call, canceling volleyball practice for that day.
Before you were able to respond to the nurse, he linked his arm around your shoulders, leading you to the exit.

The drive to Suna's condo has been silent.
The moon peeked through the clouds as they hoarded the skies.

Streets by Doja Cat had softly played, echoing throughout the vehicle.
Suna had one of his hands on the steering wheel, the other clutching his phone to his ear while his teammates interrogated him about his absence from practice.
He calmly tried explaining how it was a bit of an emergency, occasionally raising his voice to talk over their scolding.
The window on your side had been rolled down, the chilly 8pm air hit your skin, drying your tears to your face.

Back to present time, you stared at the pink envelope longingly as you sat on Suna's couch.

"Will you put that thing away." Suna groaned.

You shot him a glare. "It's not just a thing."

Suna, who was still mainly unfazed by the situation, sighed, turning on his huge flat-screen TV.

His living room was dimmed, his balcony lights illuminated the inside of the dark house.

Suna sighed deeply. "So any movie sugges-"

The middle blocker cut himself off, his cheeks getting violently hot as he looked back down at the female who has just plopped down on his lap.
You innocently glanced up at him, holding your phone up towards your face as you briefly scrolled through Instagram.
Rolling his yellowish eyes and pinching his tensed temples, Suna frowned.
"So what are you tryna do here...?"

Looking away from your phone, you stared at the volleyball player in a puzzled manner.

"Hm...?" you questioned, giving him a bewildered look.

Suna scrunched up his face in annoyance.
Placing his hands under your arm, he pulled up up from his lap, pulling you close enough for your back to touch his chest. His breathing was gentle, his breath hitting the side of your neck.
Suna held you in place, by binding you to him with his arms resting in front of you like a bar.