• 7 •

𝙿𝚂: 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚊 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙸𝙼 𝚂𝙾 𝚂𝙾𝚁𝚁𝚈! [𝚙𝚕𝚣 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 "𝙱𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝙹𝚎𝚝𝚜" 𝚋𝚢 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙹𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝟺 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚢!]

[𝚙𝚕𝚣 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚗𝚐 "𝙱𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝙹𝚎𝚝𝚜" 𝚋𝚢 𝙲𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙹𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝟺 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝚝𝚢!]

Hurried footsteps rushed down the sidewalk. The bottom of high tops clicking against the cement as a cool breeze blew through a dark bunch of wild hair.

Tingles ran down your spine as two thin arms wrapped around your waist.

"Oh!" you yelped, grabbing the arms on instinct.

"(y/n) Kim!" An excited young voice called.

Mio was behind you, her green eyes sparkling in the sunshine. A small notebook loosely hanging out of the pocket of her all too familiar red sweater.
Her arms seemed a bit more fragile than before.
It had only been a week.
This worried you, but she was probably on an small diet. Most people didn't have the biggest appetite in hospitals.

However the footsteps you had heard, didn't come from her. Mio was still stuck in her wheelchair, the wheels backing up against your heel.
The footsteps rather came from a slightly older teenage girl. She had somewhat similar hair to Mio's except it was thicker and curly. Her eyes were dark and hollow. Thick red frames rested on her nose. She pushed her glasses further up, shoving her hands into her pockets.

She was on the taller, skinner side as well. She must've been chasing after Mio.
"This is my old sister, Yachi." Mio replied, pointing behind her.
You nodded politely, holding your hand out for Yachi to shake.
She refused, her furrowed eyebrows made you a bit queasy.
"I'm good." She muttered.
Mio sighed. "This is (y/n) Kim."
"Nice to meet you." you responded.
Yachi stood in silence, not saying a word.
Awkwardly, you rubbed the back of your neck, focusing your gaze on Mio again.

"Would ya like to take a stroll in the park?" Mio asked.

This wasn't your original plan. You were planning to hop by Kita's farm today to say hello. Maybe even get Mei on the phone for him. However, you had managed to bump into the little girl from the hospital, Mio.

"No Mio. We gotta get back to the hospital, they only let you leave for half an hour." Yachi warned.

Mio frowned. "You can go on your way, (y/n) will be able to take me back to the hospital."

"U-Uh, yeah sure." you reassured Yachi.

She didn't look happy with this agreement, but reluctantly left. Her dark eyes inspecting you as she retreated to the hospital.