|𝟎𝟎𝟖.|

-------
Arcade - Duncan Laurence

-------❦Arcade - Duncan Laurence❦

-------

''HEY, MIKAYLA,''

I stared at him with narrowed eyes as he smirked at me.

Many thoughts circled in my mind while staring at him. I don't know what he was thinking but one thing was for sure.

He was enjoying this.

''MERRY CHRISTMAS!'' I snapped my head to the right side and saw Rafael entering the hallway with wide open arms. Following him the other guys.

Their eyes widened in excitement when they saw me.

''Mikayla! How are you? We haven't seen you in so long! You have no idea how happy we are to see you. We can finally stop looking for-'' Rafael rambled until Maddox boxed him into silence.

Thick air surrounded us and it wasn't going to disappear anytime soon. But it didn't feel uncomfortable. It felt more like relief.

''Uhh... Axel let's go and see where Enzo is,'' Sandro awkwardly said to my son. I noticed how Alec's eyes narrowed as he watched Axel exit the hallway.

''Guys, go outside. Mikayla and I have to talk,'' the boy understood that this was an order and quickly left the area.

Kenny, who stood behind me, cleared his throat. ''Boss, do you want me to stay?'' I looked over my shoulder, at him, and shook my head. ''You can leave,'' I looked back at Alec. ''There's no danger,''

Kenny gave me a nod and left the house.

I sighed and turned my attention back to Alec who was already looking at me.

He jerked his head to the side, gesturing for me to follow him. Even though I knew this wouldn't end well, I decided to go with him because it wasn't a good idea to have this conversation here in the hallway, where everyone could hear us.

He held the door for me while I walked past him into a big walk-in pantry where we were surrounded by laid-in food.

I decided to keep a distance between us so, I walked around a wooden table to do that. When I looked at him, I noticed his back was facing me while he held his hand on the door.

''Are you going to say anything?'' I asked, waiting for him to turn around.

With a sigh, he let his arm fall down and turned around to look at me. ''I have a lot to say, Mikayla,'' his gaze softened when he caught my eye.

''Go ahead,'' I rested my hands on the wooden table and tried to calm myself down from all the thoughts in my mind.

I wasn't sure what I was going to tell him.

I wasn't even sure how I was going to explain everything.

I guess I'm not prepared for this.

''I'm not mad at you if you were thinking that,'' I don't know why but a weird sensation left my body once he said that. ''But I'm confused,''