Chapter 1: Prologue

The Blossom parents were not very good ones. Not at all. But there was one lesson they taught their twins that Cheryl clung to. Power respects power. Cheryl had always thought of it as a hoax in her younger years but learned it was true after one particularly harsh prank on the mayor's son. After that Cheryl stuck to the rule. Obviously, she always knew she was on top, there was no one in Riverdale with more power or wealth than the Blossoms and Penelope and Clifford let it get to their children's heads. They gave their children nothing but the best and never batted an eyelash when the twins bragged about it. They were Blossoms after all, and there was no one who could best the Blossoms.

But as Cheryl learned, wealth doesn't always mean complete power.

/\/\/\

The McCoy's had power. Maybe even as much as the Blossoms. Sierra McCoy was the mayor of Riverdale after all. Her husband, son and daughter never hesitated to threaten someone with the fact they were connected to the mayor. But they lacked the wealth of a ancient town family, like the Blossoms per say. The town would collapse without the money Blossom Industries raked in so sometimes the McCoys had to suck it up and kiss up to the Blossoms.

/\/\/\

The Lodges were a money built family from the heart of Manhattan with connections to mobs and gangsters that got them what they needed and when. But on the correct side of the law Hiram and Hermione were stock traders and real estate investors. In the end the Lodges were getting money legally and illegally and no one wanted to get on their bad side, they have their connections at their disposal. When they move back to Riverdale they have a wealth that rivals the Blossoms and connections in the big city. For once the Blossoms aren't in complete control and Penelope will do anything to change that, even if gets her tangled in Hiram's web of illegal actions.

/\/\/\

When Veronica Lodge moved to Riverdale, Cheryl did not expect to be so swept up by her. She oozed class and sophistication which Cheryl didn't see much of in her small hometown. Which is probably why Cheryl was so drawn to her, at least that's what Cheryl thought. After getting close to her Cheryl was enthralled by her city girl stories, sassy attitude and way of getting what she wanted. She had the world at her fingertips and that's clearly what she was used to. Cheryl liked it, they were very similar and would have each other to talk about stuff other than the mind numbing small town issues that everyone else was so consumed with.

Cheryl and Veronica had a relationship like that, they'd meet at Pop's sometimes other drive out of the city for shopping. Sometimes it was simply a phone call to blow off steam while painting their nails or curling their hair. It wasn't until Veronica started comforting her Cheryl noticed herself feeling emotions she couldn't quite place. HBIC Cheryl had a soft spot for the brunette that could be quite gentle and soothing. It wasn't until the night Cheryl found herself soaking wet and freezing on the Lodges' living room floor did she realize that these feelings might not just be completely platonic.

Sitting there with her hands wrapped around a mug of coco with Veronica's arms wrapped around her she forcefully pushed away the thought of kissing the brunette girl. She was just hurt, she told herself but deep down she knew it wasn't that. Any feelings that had bubbled up were quickly shut down and locked away forever when Veronica agreed with her mom that Cheryl should go home.

As Cheryl walked home she promised herself she would never fall for someone who had power again. It was too dangerous, they had the power to destroy her because as a Blossom she was strong but as herself she was too vulnerable for someone like that. Power respects power. Power doesn't fall for power.

/\/\/\

Needless to say soon enough later Cheryl was finding herself feeling things for someone with power. Josie McCoy had interrupted her one day when she was sure she was alone in the gym showers. Josie had pointed out she had a great voice and should consider singing. Cheryl fought back a blush at the compliment and agreed to consider it. That was the start of a six month friendship that was mostly spent in the Riverdale High music room after hours. Cheryl would often drive Josie back home and Mayor McCoy would invite her in for dinner or a cup of tea. Cheryl liked it, she liked having a motherly figure who cared for her and a friend who she could laugh and express emotion around.

Until she found herself watching Josie a little closer during Vixens practice and felt her gaze steering towards Josie in the locker room. Cheryl hated that she couldn't seem to have a friendship without developing feelings. Maybe because it was that she didn't have many friends or love interests so whenever she got close to someone her feelings got to strong. Whatever it was Cheryl hated it. The only good thing that came from it was that she was able to admit her big secret. She was not straight. She hated that too, she had an image to uphold which is why she was forced to bite back her feelings and be a good friend.

A/N: the first few chapters will pretty much be rewrites of the episodes with what I believe are missing scenes then it strays from the canon storyline. Thanks for read hope you enjoy the story.