𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

~at the hospital~

You were super stressed about Reki being hospitalized. What if he broke his Arm for good? What if he stops skating? The questions rapidly spread throughout your mind.

You were a calm and cool person so you kept your emotionless face-up but deep down you were stressed.

"Y/n ...Y/n" you snapped back to reality after hearing Miya call your name for the 5th time.

"Snap out of it, he's gonna be ok," Miya said noticing how stressed you were.

"Right.." You said a bit calmed down. He tightly gripped your hand to comfort you.

This caused you to blush and your heart to race. "Do friends do this type of stuff" you questioned yourself.

Miya pov:

I blushed deeply while holding her hand. Did I hold her hand to comfort her, is it because I couldn't resist or both.

When Adam said I had fallen in love with her it made me question my feelings a lot. Sure y/n was a great friend, she normally acts cold but she is caring, so many things about her that I think are amazing and maybe she is a little cute too... Wait!! What am I saying!?.. Could it be...

Then Miya looked y/n in the eyes, they were beautiful to him.

Could it be that I am in love with y/n?.

Y/n pov:

"Miya, what's wrong?" You snapped your fingers in front of him seeing how spaced out he was.

"Oh um nothing," he said as he quickly turned around and let go of your hand.

Then Reki had came out of the hospital room.

"They said two weeks to fully recover, nothing wrong with my head!" Reki said smiling.

"Oh, that's good," you said in your emotionless tone but deep down you were relieved.

"You're lucky you got off with just that much" Miya said relived.

Reki then apologized to Miya for not winning. Miya was ok with it.

"I told you there's no way a slime can win against a boss...but you know I'll promote you to a golem or something," Miya said.

"What was that?" Reki said confused.

"Oh, he said you looked cool" Langa answered.

"I didn't say anything like that" Miya got embarrassed.

"Oh come on Miya, don't be such a tsundere" you added.

Reki: y/n your mom said she wasn't able to reach you on your phone so she messaged me, she will be coming home on Monday night.

Miya: wait how do you know y/n mother?!

Y/n: we live across from each other and our moms get along well. My mom goes on a lot of appointments during the weekends so she asks Reki to check up on me. As for my dad, he's on a business trip.

Miya: so Reki babysits you??

Y/n: I wouldn't call it that!

Reki: well most of the time I cover for y/n when she goes to skate parks etc so it's not actually babysitting.

Y/n: yeah and my mom trusts Reki like he's my big brother so it all works out perfectly.

Miya: oh that makes sense.

Shadow interrupted the conversation and reminded everyone that we got bigger things to deal with.

Reki apologized to Langa for roping him into this.  Langa explained to Reki it isn't his fault and that he still wanted to do it.