𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐀𝐧𝐢 𝐌𝐤𝐡𝐢𝐳𝐞

Ani Mkhize (pronounced M-khy-zeh)

(Y/N pov)

High school can be rough, I've learned that and it's only the fifth period, For starters, without having Miya in my class it gets pretty lonely. I will admit, maybe I should try making friends but that can be quite stressful.

That's what I thought until Creative arts class where I got seated next to a very creative girl. "That looks amazing" were the words that slipped out of my mouth when I saw the girls drawing.

It was a beautiful drawing of a 70s-themed outfit. She's quite the fashion designer. "Thank you," she said as a bright smile plastered on her face. The drawing was not just beautiful but also the girl. She had a fluffy Afro, a bright smile, dark skin, and a killer fashion sense.

That's coming from me who wears (clothes u wear often). Intimidated by her beauty I still mustered the courage to ask her name. During that period we got to know each other a little better with the occasional "keep quiet" thrown at us by the teacher. By the lesson ended we became somewhat friends and decided to hang out during the break.

(Ani's pov)

She's nice alright. Such a vibe to hang out with. A little cute too. She introduced me to her friend Miya. Seems like something going on between them. I swear they're dating in secret. Whatever their relationship is, one thing clear, these two are inseparable.

While hanging out with them I got occasional glances from Miya. A bit weird. When the break ended I remembered that I had to go straight to the theatre to help with costume design. In a flash, I dashed off leaving the two.

(Miya's pov)

"Oh she's beautiful," I said. Y/N replied, "yes I know right." Using this opportunity I said, "yeah, wonder if she's single?" I intended to get a reaction from her, and that I did. Although I can't tell if she's jealous cause I don't know if she even likes me like that.

(Y/N pov)

Hearing those words come out of his mouth slightly hurt. It was hard to hide my annoyed face but I told Miya I had to go. I overreacted. That's true, I shouldn't have walked away but I wish he could call me beautiful.

The lame thing about being best friends is that you will always be messing around with each other. There's no space for romance. Which is something I know but still, I don't know why I hope for a romance in a friendship.

The rest of the week continued with Miya giving hints that he likes Ani, always telling me and I just listened, after all, I'm just the best friend. My job is to be there for him, my feelings come after. Eventually, I got annoyed.

One afternoon he said he wants to ask her out on her date and I replied rudely "maybe you should, then you can leave me alone and stop talking about her 24/7" then I stormed off. In the moment I didn't regret a thing but something was telling me to turn around.

(Miyas pov)

These past weeks I've realised something. It's true I do love y/n, and I don't want to loose our friendship,I doubt she likes me back and I know it will ruin everything. So distracting myself with Ani is probably for the best. Watching y/n storm off like that makes no sense.

The worse part is that she won't tell me why she's been acting off lately. Does she expect me to just know? This is getting annoying. She spends more time with Ani recently, trying to avoid me. So maybe ill ask Ani what's up with y/n.