Chapter 3

Tyler
◈────∘⋆𖥸⭑∘────◈

I felt the weird feelings with the actions of the lady who was in the elevator recently, maybe she can't speak, so I won’t bother mind her.

Heist! This day gave me a headache with what I'm thinking about things.

I was back to my senses and took off my eyeglasses. Furthermore, I also did the massage on my forehead because it just hurts, I was thinking of a way how and where to find Elaine.

It's getting me sick thinking every time where did she goes. Where to find her.

I sighed.

It’s all my fault why she chose to stay away and never show up again.

I fiddled with my phone and before the meeting in the conference room started, I stared at her gentle face—a Stolen pic of Elaine where she slept.

Likewise, I bitterly smile, whispering into the air.

“Please, Elaine, show up for a moment,”

I was weak and a little drowsy. I leaned back in the swivel chair and tightly closed my eyes. Furthermore, I heaved a sigh and took a deep breath.

“I'm so sorry, Elaine. Na miss kita nang sobra. Alam kong huli na ang lahat para magsisi ako. Pero gagawin ko ang lahat mahanap ka lang.”

“I love you, I have loved you since the day you left me.” I said and bitterly smiled.

Inaamin kong naging masama akong asawa para sa kanya. Bagama't noon pa iyon, at kung sakaling mahanap ko siya. Ibibigay ko lahat nang gusto niya. Aakohin ko ang responsibilidad na noon ay hindi ko kayang gawin at ipapakita kong gaano ko siya kamahal na hindi ko maipakita noon.

Noon ko lang napagtanto na mahal ko pala siya nang bigla niya akong iwan, at nangyari noong nalaglag ang anak namin dahil sa kagagawan ko.

Mariin kong naihilot ang gitnang noo ko saka napabuntonghininga.

I left the office early to meet with Manager Park. It's been a year since I decided to let him manage my small publishing house. I didn’t sell that company because that was the first one I founded.

I wear my genuine smile at Manager Park and shake hands with him.

“Please, take a seat, Mr. Monteverde.” He said and pointed to the visiting chair.

I smiled and sat down.

He handed me a document, which I immediately accepted. When I opened up, there were great performances and feedback on the content.

“Sabi ko nga, hindi mauuwi sa wala ang pinaghirapan mo, Mr. Monteverde. ” Nakangiti niyang sabi.

“Then, I am most proud of having a loyal friend like you, Mike. Don't worry, the other investors will invest here by next week. ” I said that he smiled broadly.

“Oh by the way, Mr. Monteverde, I almost forgot, I'll just talk to my best employee—She's superb and kind. Wait a minute, excuse me.” He apologized and immediately dialed someone's telephone and hung up after.

Biglang bumukas ang pinto at lumapit kay Mr. Park ang babae na nakasuot ng fitted na damit. 

“Hello! Manager Park?” She greeted Mr. Park, and she took a glance in the direction where I sat.

Ngumiti lang ako sa kanya ng lumipat sa akin ang paningin nito.

“Kindly call Miss Guerrero, tell her I want to talk to her.” Mike commanded and I suddenly felt strange.

“Yes, Mr. Park.” the lady said and turned her back.

My heart is beating as well.

Guerrero?

“Who's Guerrero, you mean?” I interrupted, and I curiously asked Mr. Park when the woman came out.

“Ah, iyon ba? Siya ang tinutukoy kong magaling at maaasahan kong empleyado. Sexy at maganda,” he replied.

“What is her name?” I asked as he frowned at me.

Damn! I want it to be certain, so I want to know what her name is.

“It's Elaine Guerrero, why Mr. Monteverde, do you know her?” He asked in surprise as I stared into his eyes.

I paused for a moment and was glad I couldn’t figure it out.

“No, I'm just asking. ‘Cause I suddenly became interested in her.” I lied and smiled slightly.

“Looks like I have a rival now.” His response that obviously made me clench my jaw.