chapter 3: Case solved

-
-
-
-
-

'We're so screwed'

Dream's thoughts where racing at the speed of light as he shuffled anxiously on the left side of the couch. His hands glued to his lap slightly shaking. Instinctively he scooted closer to George for comfort not only for himself, but also for the smaller male who was currently killing his thumb by biting into it.Hard. Dream's uneasy look softened, he has always hated this habit of George's and the blood that was slowly appearing gave him a good reason to do so. 

He hesitated about doing anything at first I mean for gods sake they got caught looting their human's fridge. It's only natural for his cat friend to be distressed out of his mind. But then again he wanted George to keep all of his fingers. So he slowly lifted his hand from it's current spot and slowly took a hold of the other male's tortured hand. George lifted his head up to give him a pissed-off glare as his hand got tugged away from the his lips.

Dream just gave him a worried look, both hadn't said a word in light of the fact that they got caught red handed. Most likely out of fear and pure nervousness, but that didn't mean that George couldn't just read whatever Dream was implying to. Even though it was a kind gesture of concern George couldn't really care less at that moment, he felt as if he could break down at any moment and biting his nail was a great distraction from that.

"Dream let go.", George said sternly, he really wasn't in the mood to deal with a lecture about his unhealthy habit. Dream however only tightened his grip on the brunettes hand resulting in a scowl from the cat boy. "Hey.", Dream spoke up softly. "What?", George snapped back. Dream didn't respond for a moment, instead he scooted closer to George's side once again and pulled him into a half embrace. Stretching his arm that used to be holding the man's hand behind his back and his hand rubbing George's arm up and down.

"We'll be fine Georgie, Sapnap is a good guy he will understand our reasons-", "But what if he doesn't?", George interrupted Dream with his shaky voice, clearly trying to choke back any sobs that dared to pass through his mouth. "What if he doesn't understand Dream-", he repeated, "What if he throws us out for other people to just grab us, What if he tries to hurt one of us hell, what if he tries to ship us over to the black market himse-",George's rambling got interrupted by footsteps coming their way.

Dream and George both froze, this was it. They might get thrown out. It was hard enough for them to live on the streets  as hybrids. Starvation and the cold almost got to them back then, and they surely wouldn't get as lucky in survival a second time. Both of their gazes slowly turned towards the opening from the living area, where their current human would emerge from any second now. George scooted closer to Dream, he was scared out of his mind. And he could tell that the dirty blonde shared the same emotion as him.

The second the raven haired male entered the room George felt like he was being crushed by the atmosphere, he just wanted to get out of the tense room and breath a fresh stack of air. Sapnap's travel towards the opposite couch across from the two Hybrid's felt like an eternity times two. Every step he took seemed to go in slow motion, at least that was the case for the small brunette.

Dream kept his gaze firmly on Nick, watching each step he took like an eagle. He didn't take the human as someone who would just try to beat them up right on the spot, still he remained cautious. You never know, the streamer might just be the number one hybrid hater and they would have no idea.

Eventually, Nick made it to his destination and sat down. He remained silent however, sitting in a thinking position while his eyes remained glued on the pair across from him. Dream was usually really good at reading people, however at this moment Sapnap just .....stared. No emotion displayed on his face as he just stared at them with a blank face. The best hunch Dream had was that Sapnap was speechless, witch wasn't that far off of what Sapnap was actually feeling.