2-

mark picks up his skateboard as he gets close to the doors of the library; where he's been spending a lot of time to use the computers because he posted an ad on craigslist for a roommate and has to check for emails from anyone interested.

it's a weird ad. mark lives in a three bedroom house with two other guys but he needs someone to share his actual room with because he needs help affording rent. he can do it on his own but he doesn't really like having almost no money left when he gives his part of the rent and bills.

mark is almost surprised that he has a few emails about the ad so he agrees to meet a few people at the park that's not far from his house. he really hopes it means he'll have someone moving in soon because he can't wait to have some actual money. he's hopeful that at least one of the people aren't a creep who only hits mark up because they might have to be okay with sharing a bed unless they have their own.

mark is sitting on a bench when a guy walks up to him and asks if he's mark. he nods and sits up, shaking the guy's hand.

"i'm jaebeom lim."

"mark tuan," mark responds, gesturing for the other to sit down next to him, "what's up?"

"uh- not much, i've been staying at a motel the past few days since i got here so i'm just hoping this goes well?" jaebeom said with an awkward chuckle while he looked around where they were sitting.

"oh shit, did you get kicked out or something?"

"no i just moved and didn't really figure out where i was going to live before i got here," jaebeom explains and it makes sense to mark the more jaebeom says.

mark grew up in his neighborhood and he doesn't exactly live that far from where he grew up. and when you've lived somewhere for that long, you can tell when people are very obviously from somewhere else; especially when they're uncomfortable in the area.

but mark is so glad that jaebeom is the last person he has to talk to because he's tired after meeting up with random people. and jaebeom is the obvious choice to pick to move in with him, he's the same age as mark and he seems pretty cool even if they're obviously pretty different.

"wanna move in tomorrow?" mark asks, chuckling when he sees how excited jaebeom gets; understandably so, he would hate to be living in a shitty motel.

mark gives jaebeom a paper with his address and phone number on it before they part ways. mark is just happy to go home and chill for a while before he has to clean up his room so there's even room for jaebeom to move in. luckily, jaebeom said he doesn't really own that much stuff so it shouldn't be too hard of a move in.

jaebeom mentions to his roommates that someone is moving into his room with him and because he's an idiot and incredibly awkward, he says that it's his boyfriend moving in with him so he doesn't have to explain that he's willing to share his bed with a total stranger just to have some extra money.

"shit," mark mutters to himself as he falls onto his bed after he cleaned up his room and showered, "why the fuck did i say that?"