9-

"thanks for taking me with you when you hang out with your friends. it's really nice to have a group of people to hang out with," jaebeom tells mark, even if it sounds stupid, it's genuine.

"i like taking you. and i sure it would blow to leave all your friends when you moved."

jaebeom shrugs. "i didn't really have any friends when i left. my only friend was my boyfriend and when we broke up, i was just alone most of the time."

mark is curious but doesn't ask why they broke up. he doesn't say anything else and just watches as jaebeom walks around the room to get ready to hang out with jae.

jae honks when he gets to the house. jaebeom says bye to mark, telling him that he'll see him later because jaebeom does not intend to be out with jae too late if he has any amount of say in it.

mark needs to get high.

"how's your day been?" jae asks once jaebeom is situated in his car and shuts the door.

"fine, just hung out with mark." jaebeom shrugs, nothing special. he asks about jae's day and gets an equally uninteresting answer as his own.

jaebeom looks out his window as they drive. he's usually driving himself so it's nice for him to be able to just watch out the window and see the places nearby that he hasn't even seen yet.

they go to jae's apartment. jaebeom is stiff as he sits on his couch, just like he is in any new place around someone he doesn't know well.

jae asks what jaebeom does for a living just to start any conversation.

"i'm a model." jae knew that jaebeom was attractive but he didn't know he was an actual model. jae tells him that he's in school to become a music therapist. he has a part time job but his parents pay for his apartment.

jaebeom doesn't like when jae gets closer and closer to him every once in a while but he's too anxious to move away. he doesn't want to seem rude but jae has his hand on jaebeom's thigh now and he slowly moves it higher up his thigh.

he doesn't even finally move away when jae kisses him. he kisses back but when jae pulls away, he doesn't say anything or look at jae.

but jae assumes it's because he's shy and that it's a good thing. m

"jae, it's getting late. can you take me back home?" they've kissed a few more times before jaebeom asks to go home. he's uncomfortable. he's only ever kissed his ex boyfriend and it wasn't this soon, they'd been friends for their whole lives before they started dating.

jae drives him back home, expecting one more kiss before jaebeom gets out of the car but he doesn't receive one; just an awkward smile before jaebeom is already in the house.

jaebeom huffs and he all but throws his body onto the bed. mark just waits to ask until jaebeom calms down.

"i hoped he just wanted to hang out as friends," jaebeom groans into his hands. he's upset. he doesn't like jae and he was stupid enough to let jae kiss him because he didn't want to make things "awkward".