i'm sorry boris

a/n : if i wrote not only angst in this book would that be fine?

368 words (minus a/n)
cw : suicide mention

——

niki was filled with worry and fear. her best friend hadn't spoken to her in weeks, on its own that sounds fine but when you think about the fact the last time they did talk it was durning a breakdown. wilbur left in a state that seemed destined for something horrid and it was.

after not getting a single response in what felt like a month, niki decided to simply go visit wilbur. she told herself that everything was fine during the trip to london, course hearing locals speak of a recent accident wasn't comforting.

the recent accident was a suicide where a man had jumped in front of a train. she had heard some people say that he was smiling when it happened, others mentioned the man wore all black as if he was the first guest at his own funeral. it was a mess of a story she pieced together by overhearing several different people speak of it.

however her fear heightened when wilbur didn't answer the door and then it reached its limit when she heard someone finally attach a name to the accident, will.

perhaps she froze in front of her friend's door for a minute or two, maybe she even cried silently while pleading it wasn't the will she grew up with. when she finally stopped crying she resorted to using a spare key she was gifted.

everything seemed normal up until there was dried blood on the wall. then she looked at his computer, it was left on and the screen showed discord dms, more specifically the one between him and niki. her mind blanked when she saw a message typed in but not sent, it was rushed, full of apologies and misspelled words. however the lines that replayed over and over in niki's head were the ones that stung.

"i'm sorry niki, i'm leaving"

she didn't want to process it,

"i'm not good for anyone here"

she couldn't process it. how could she?

"i can't believe that i'm leaving"

her legs suddenly couldn't support her and she crumbled onto the floor where she'd beg silently to nobody.

"i don't think i want to leave you.."

maybe she did scream in agony.