Chapter Four

Syverson

"Do you sing?" Vix asked. She had a devilish smile on her face.

"I ain't done much Karaoke." Even the word felt weird in my mouth.

"That's alright," Vix said. "Have a few more drinks, and once everyone sings a few songs, you'll get into it. Nearly everyone does."

She was right. As the evening wore on, the Karaoke was fun. Even funny sometimes. There were many songs I didn't know. Vix explained that the boys liked to sing a lot of what she called 80s  Australian pub rock.

Vix had a fantastic voice. She could sing nearly anything and looked good as hell as she did. She sang Lovefool by The Cardigans first. Her voice was breathy and sexy. When she caught my eye and sang a few words to me, I felt a rush of adrenaline, and my heart pounded.

The whole group got really into the songs, and they sang like they were real performances. It didn't matter if their voices sucked or not cause most of them did. They just all seemed to like performing for each other.

A group of the girls, Vix, Jess, Chrissie, Vanessa and one other who I think was the other girl Pete had told me about, sang a Spice Girls song. The Lord knows what song it was, but they stood there in a row and did a dance with all the actions. Vix even looked sexy singing teeny-bopper pop.

I got drunk enough that Pete could convince me to sing Sweet Home Alabama with him. I would have rather sung Simple Man, but Pete was adamant that Alabama was a better choice. The party did get very into it. Vix did too, singing along and dancing. She danced real nice, swaying her ass around. I even sang Fortunate Son by Creedence by myself.

When Vix was up next, the DJ introduced the song as Valarie by Amy Winehouse. I thought she'd sound great singing that, but as she got up and saw the song on the monitor, she blushed hard, her cheeks getting all pink.

She shook her head and said into the microphone, "You're a dickhead, Yobbo."

"You love me, Vix!" He yelled back, laughing.

They all seemed to talk this way to each other. I saw lots of flirting going on with all the guys and gals, but it was apparent, for the most part, that it was just fun. Maybe it was their ages since they were still in their late 20s, and I was very nearly 40, but it seemed strange to me.

Vix laughed, and the music to the Divinyls, I Touch Myself came on. Vix's whole demeanour changed, and she took on a demure, sexy, kittenish look. Once again, the girl made my dick hard quicker than any girl I'd met in years.

She walked around the makeshift stage, dancing as she sang and towards the end of the song, she dragged Yobbo on stage. She danced around him, shimming her body around like she was about to give him a lap dance. Everyone was cheering her on as they had for everyone else. Then she put her arm around Yobbo's shoulders, and they sang the last of the song together. When it was over, they hugged and laughed. Vix went and stood with Jess. Vix lit up a smoke.

I had an idea and went up to the DJ and picked Candy by Iggy Pop and Kate Peirson. Hell, I was drunk enough to do damn near anything, and it seemed like a good idea. She obviously loved this whole Karaoke thing. I had a feeling Vix was the type of girl who liked her autonomy but secretly wanted a guy who would take the lead. Watching her all night made me understand that was why she wasn't interested in these guys. I'll bet she's never been on a date with a guy that wasn't at least five years older than her.

I checked with Softy that she knew the song. The whole thing would fall on its face if she didn't know or like it.

"Mate! That's one of her favs." Softy shook his head. "I knew you'd bloody like her."