Sam

She peered down at us with her little spectacles. Rapidly, she shouted names, every student saying a quick "here!" Or "here miss!". When the woman called out my name, I felt weirder than the others here.

"Kimberley Walsh!"

"Here, miss." I replied in almost a murmur.

"Sarah Harding!" Mrs George called out. Meanwhile, Sarah was cracking jokes with Nadine and Cheryl. Everyone looked at her in silence as Sarah was gazing back. "Sarah Harding!" She yelled again.

"Oh, here miss! Sorry!" She answered.

"Nicola Roberts!"
"Here, miss."
"Nadine Coyle!"
"Here, miss!
"Cheryl Cole!"
"Here!"

"Mariah Carey!"
"Here." Muttered the blonde girl with beautiful brown eyes.
"Beyoncé Knowles!"
"Here, miss!" answered Beyoncé, while twirling her long plaits round her fingers.
"Christina Aguilera!"
"Here, miss!" chanted the blonde with blue eyes.

"And...Whitney, Whitney Houston!" No answer. Mrs George darted her eyes around the room. The door then opened, and a girl with awesome curly hair and bright red lips came in the room.
"Oh, sorry I'm late, Mrs George." She said quickly, before sitting with the other three girls in front of us.
"Oh, Whitney!" She greeted her in a polite manner, despite the girl being late. "Nice to see you!"

Nicola's PoV

I gazed around the classroom with gadgets, microphones, everything you could wish for. The teacher wasn't as bad as I thought she would be. Although, I do worry a little sometimes. I looked at the girls and they give me a reassuring grin. I smiled back.

The teacher got a whiteboard pen and wrote her name on the board. Mrs George.

While Mrs George was talking, Mariah turned around in her chair and smiled with her white, pearly teeth. She flicked her long, golden hair.

"Hey, I've never seen yall before. What are your names?" She asked. She definitely had an american accent.

"Oh, hi! I'm Nadine and this is Cheryl, Kimberley, Sarah and Nicola." Nadine replied for us.

"Mariah, call me Mimi." She rasped, "So, y'all new?"

"Yeah." We nodded.

"Um...Just asking, are you some rare breed of bird or something, Mariah?" I wondered.

We didn't know she was going to say something different.

"Oh, no. I'm from New York, darling. Half-black and Venezuelan, half-Irish." Mariah explained, "Why do you ask?"
"Well....you kinda sing like a hummingbird. You were whistling earlier, I've never heard anyone do it like you do." I replied.
"Well, I don't know how I do it, I just sing higher and higher and then it just comes out!" Mariah smiled. She certainly seemed nice.

"Wow. I'm Irish, too. I'm from Belfast." Nadine added.
"Cool." Mariah nodded, smiling at my best friend.

Beyoncé, Christina and Whitney turned to see what their friend was doing.

"Hey, Mimi, who you talking to?" Whitney asked.

"Oh, just some new girls." She answered, grinning at Whitney. They seemed to be really good friends.

If you didn't already guess, I like to observe things. Like how I see something so unique in Mariah and her talent. She's very interesting.

"Mariah, Whitney! Are you not paying attention, again?" The teacher called to them as she stopped talking to everyone else. The two girls giggled. "What am I gonna do with you two?"