Chapter 2

The Crowning
Jinni asked her friend to help her confirm her winning. They went to the sports department of their school and were asked to prepare for the Crowning of Ms Sportsfest 2021.
Jinni cannot get herself prepared because she has no special attire to put on. She does not want to be a problem to her mother who works real hard to send her to school. Luck was on her side when she was offered scholarship by the guidance counsillor in leau of her service as her secretary.
Now, as her dayoff is so timely for her crowning as Ms Sportsfest of the year. She was considering to forego the occassion but she knows that her mother will allow it even if she does not have enough money to buy her needs for the occassion. She sought for an advice from her friend. Jalyn did not entertain her refusal to join but thought of a way to solve her problem. She checked from her own wardrobe if there is something that would fit Jinni. She was unable to find one that would fit the occassion neither was there anything to fit her friend. Jalyn has a better option where they can buy an attire that would meet their budget. She was shy to offer it to Jinni but it's the best thing they can do.Jalyn called her cousin selling preloved items. She invited them to come over and see for themselved if there is something as good as new but exactly what
they are looking for.
They came to see if she has a simple cocktail dress that may fit to wear for the occassion. And under the box of new arrival items is a black straight sleeveless dress with black "pinalay" pearls. They immediately took it and Jalyn asked Jinni to fit the dress The girl could only "wow"her because the dress looks as if it was especially made for Jinni. They were so happy for seeing the outfit and it solved the problem of Jinni. Again ,she felt something is missing and she need not tell Jalyn she does not have a pair of shoes. This time they need not go any further, Jalyn was gifted with a pair of silver stilletto 💖 and they are of the same size 8. She tried the shoes and she looked taller than her height of 5"2 by 3 inches. Jalyn asked her to fit what they got and she did. She can't imagine the luck that came to her and that was a sign that she should not back out from attending the crowning ceremony.
When they arrived on the occassion, she felt out of placed because all the other girls were in lovely long gowns. Her dismay was overcame when the people of the committee were obviously attracted to her especially the Team's Captain Ira. She did not mind even if they find her dressing unfit as long as she felt comfortable with her looks.
Who would be the one to think of bashing her than Suzanne who spent a fortune in her tight fitting red gown which made her look like the antagonist of the top Korea Novela on Philippine Television. She was more agitated when she was not paid any attention by Ira who only have eyes for Jinni. She was glad that she asked for help from her friend or she could have backed out from her crowning. Jalyn was so proud of her beautiful friend as she was doing her ceremonial walk. Suzanne' s face was unmistakably furious. Moreso, when Ira stood out taking her pictures. Jinni's eyes cannot hide her joy. She retreated to the dressing room, Suzanne was with her friends talking about her dress. Jalyn was at the corner and overheard their mongering. She showed up to them so they'd stop. But Suzanne was with a fake laugh while looking at Jinni. And this agitated Jalyn and was not able to control herself from shouting " Admit that You're Jealous." and sneered at Suzanne. The crowd of Suzanne were pissed of and threw a crampled piece of paper on the stage but landed while Suzanne was walking. Enraged! She went angrily to Jalyn and threw her spicy villanous words and accused her to be behind the act. Rhoda, the guilty party was not happy with the false accusation towards Jalyn and lost her sympathy on Suzanne and recognized Jalyn to be her distant cousin. Jalyn apologized to Jinni for messing up her night. Jinni was more sorry for being the cause of it all. Jalyn as a friend would not take a blame on her. From nowhere Ira appeared to take them home. Jinni changed into a more comfortable rugged attire her long flawless legs covered by her favorite faded Levi's jeans and the immaculately white Hanes T shirt. Not in her high heeled stilletto shoes, she put on her white rubber shoes.
Ira admired her more being elegantly simple and chic. He took them home playing the song At My Worst on his car stereo. Jinni and Jalyn loves the song which goes...
Can calll you my baby?
Can you be my friend?
Can you be my lover up until the very end
I will.love you
I don't pretend
I will be by your side until the world is givin in

Ohh ohhhohhh
I'll.be.by your side
Not givin in

Oh Don't you worry
I'll stick by your side until the end.

I need somebody who
can love me at my worst
Know Im no perfect
But see my worth cause it's only you who knew
I put you first
And for you girl
I swear
I'll do the worst

Ohh don't you worry
I'll be there
Whenever you want me

Ohhhhh baby let me hold your hand

The boy who seem to be so strong can also be a sentimental and gets thrilled when he sees the girl he likes.
Jinni does not want to be the center of jokes and teasing , she avoided the group when they start pairing her with Ira.
Being the top student in Mathematics , Jinni was selected to compete with other students in a Math quiz. She was seated beside the boy from the University in the City by the name of Jason. In a pair of thick glasses, he was caught staring at Jinni who was busy reviewing her lessons in Algebra. The boy cannot help himself from talking to the pretty young girl. He gathered all his senses and introduced himself. Jinni is always attracted with a guy who never seem to get attracted to pretty girls although she saw Jason with his secret glamces , the boy turns to look at the opposite direction until finally their eyes met. Jason had the guts to introduced himself."Jason Roberto"Now Jinni can see him well aside from those thick eyeglasses hiding those deep set brown eyes with thick long lashes and eyebrows, his high cheekbones with a high bridged nose and a chiselled jawline. She melted when he smiled showing a pair of dimples. From the nerdy looking guy, his features became softer and jinni wanted him to be her friend.