Thirteen

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟾, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"Hey, Tillie. It's- it's Spencer. Look, I know that you've been having a hard time recently. And I also know that we hardly know each other. But...I think you're really awesome and you don't deserve any of the pain that's been chucked at you by life...I know you're going to be away for a while, but I want you to know that I'll-I'll be here for you when you get back." 

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟷𝟿, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"Hey, I hope you're doing okay. I hope you're getting better. Um... I went to the tea shop this morning...Last night? I went at like 3 A.M. I couldn't sleep, I was, well, to be honest, I was thinking about you. I don't know why, but every time I close my eyes, I see you. But it's not a clear image of you, its bits and pieces of you. I'll see your eyes, and then I'll see your hair. Then it's your smile...God, I sound like a creep. I'm so sorry...um...I'm gonna hang up now."

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟶, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"Morning, Tillie...This is your third day away, second full day, I guess. I was walking this morning into work, when I saw this patch of frozen over dirt, and all I could think about was maybe I could get the higher ups to consult you and choose flowers for it, maybe brighten up the place...I don't know, it was just a thought...I have to go, my paperwork is starting to pile up. Have a wonderful day."

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟷, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"I got called away on a case today in Cincinnati. I hope I can still find the time to call you...It's been nice talking to Vidaurri, but I enjoy sending you the voicemails too. Even if you don't get to listen to these, it's nice to believe that you do them...The jet's about to take off, now, so I'll be turning off my phone. Have a great day, Tillie, please get better."

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟸, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"Good morning, Tillie...I spent the whole day reading through these journals a victim wrote, uh, she was an avid writer. She would write down almost everything that happened to her in a day. It led me to wonder if you ever tried journaling...I mean you probably have, as you've been in therapy for so long. Vidaurri's probably made you do it at some point, and who knows, maybe  you do journal regularly and I just don't know. Which would make sense because we've only known each other for a limited amount of time...God, you- you make me feel so...speechless? It's like...I think of you, or I speak to you, or I look at you, and you're most amazing person I've ever known, who likes to talk to me, for me. I don't feel like you feel you're obligated to talk to me or go get tea with me...I'm rambling again, I'm sorry...I- uh- I hope that you can come home soon...Bye."

𝙵𝚎𝚋𝚛𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝟸𝟹, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟸

"Hey, Tills...It's- uh- 12:08 and it's been 8 hours, 13 minutes, and 42 seconds since I ended the last message, but it feels more like 8 years to be honest. Time's been slowing down lately...I wonder if it's because of my anticipation for you, or maybe...I don't even know...My team's inside the precinct speculating different theories over some local fast food lunch. I figured while everyone was eating I could step out for a moment. I just... I don't know what time I'll get to my room tonight and I wanted to be sure that you got a message for today... Look, I know that you're... away, but I just wanted to say that I'm glad that you're getting the help that you need. And I want more than anything to be there for you right now, I just feel so useless in a situation that I could be helping you with. You know? I don't know, Tills. Just focus on getting better, for you, and your friends that care for you. Hang in there, I bet you're doing great...Look, I have to go back inside now, finish this geographical profile. Bye, Tills."