Twenty-One

TW: This is a much heavier chapter, and I feel like I should include this disclaimer. There are mentions of neglect, abuse, and addiction. Abandonment is talked about heavily. Please stay safe. (And, no, I'm not glorifying these topics, nor am I romanticizing it. In fact, many of what's in this chapter is based off experience, so please be nice.)

𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚛

𝟻𝟻 𝙵𝚒𝚗 𝙻𝚗, 𝚁𝚘𝚋𝚜𝚘𝚗, 𝚅𝙰

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟸𝟷, 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟻

𝟾:𝟹𝟻 𝙰.𝙼.

Tillie stared in awe at the large house in front of her. 

The past few months consisted of her tracking down her mother. Little did she know that her mother was rich. No wonder she left her father. 

Cautiously, she walked up the stairs, step by step. All she could think about was the Rocky training montage. 

Finally reaching the grand doors, she raised her hand to knock. Lowering her hand, thoughts raced through her head. 

Will she be happy to see me? Will she recognize me? Will she turn me away? Scenarios ran through her mind, one after the other. Frowning at her overthinking, she inhaled deeply. 

"You got this, Tillie," she said under her breath, right as she knocked on the door. She waited moments before the door opened to reveal a short woman, with loose curls, dressed in a deep blue blouse and some black slacks. 

"May I help you?"

"Uh, hi. Yes, I'm looking for a Siobahn Wilson?" Tillie said, much more like a question than a statement. 

"Ms. Wilson is working right now, she is very busy." The woman was about to shut the door, when Tillie said one final thing.

"Wait! She knows my dad, William Cobb!" The woman paused, and opened the door slightly to look at her closely. "I mean, at least I think she does."

"You are a Cobb?" 

"Uh, yes, ma'am," Tillie fidgeted with her hands anxiously. 

"Come inside," She lead Tillie into the house, and had her sit down on some very nice, expensive looking furniture. "I'll go speak with Ms. Wilson. Stay here."

The woman rushed off to some hallway, leaving Tillie alone, feeling even more anxious than before. 

Tillie was wearing the nicest clothes she had, a flowy purple blouse, and dark blue jeans that didn't have any rips in them, for once, and yet she still felt terribly out of place. 

The minutes that passed felt like hours, but eventually she heard two sets of heels on the tile becoming louder and louder. The louder the clicks became, the faster and harder her pulse was. Doing herself a quick once over, making sure there were no Bugles crumbs on her shirt, she stood up, making her look at least the slightest bit professional. 

And then there she was. The tall blonde, with the dark bags under her blue eyes. The woman who gave her life. The woman who left her. 

"Otillia?" Her voice was rough, like she had been yelling. 

"Uh, it's just Tillie," she sheepishly corrected. 

Her mother stared at her daughter. "Eighteen years have passed already?" 

"Yep." Tillie didn't think she'd actually get to this point. What does she even say?

"Well, come along. Let's go somewhere a bit more private," Siobahn turned on her heel, walking quickly back to where she came from, forcing Tillie to jog to catch up.