Lost ... and Found Part 2

Riley's Perspective:

"Oh my God." I said, absolutely shocked. "Olivia. Is that you?"

She slowly nodded. I couldn't contain myself and ran at her, bawling my eyes out and locking her in a tight embrace. "Oh, Olivia. Oh, my baby." I sobbed. I held her tighter, but still didn't feel her move a muscle.

"Olivia?" I asked. I didn't really know what else to say as I pulled away from her and looked into her eyes. They were just like mine. Brown, dark on the outside and lighter as they got closer to the pupil, with tiny gold specks. Her brown hair was a mix of mine and James', and curly like his as it ran down her shoulders. She had grown up beautiful. I wish I could've seen it happen.

"You're really my mom?" she whispered.

"Yeah, honey. I'm your mom."

Suddenly, she lashed out. "Where have you been all my life?! You come in here and hug me and don't even realize what you've done?! You left me without a mom!" She was crying now too.

"I-I know I left you without a mom. I'm so, so sorry. It wasn't my choice. I never would've left you, baby." I said.

"Then what happened?"

I knew I would have to explain myself eventually. I decided to go against my better will and just tell her.

"Honey, there was a bad, bad man in my life. He wasn't happy when I left him to be with your father. He found out that we were married, and that we had had you. He-he threatened to hurt you if I didn't come with him. I had to do it, I had no choice."

I continued. "He came here one day with a gun in his hand and held it to your head. I stopped him before he pulled the trigger, and didn't even have a chance to say goodbye before he took me away. He took me to his palace and pretty much torchured me, but I won't give you the details. I was with him until a couple months ago in Switzerland, until I escaped. I got on a plane and came right here."

I watched her face fill with hatred, then sadness. "So he took you away? It never was your fault? You never wanted to leave me?"

I took her face in my head and held it up to meet my eyes. "No. I never, ever wanted to leave you. I love you, baby, I've loved you your whole life."

"You love me?" she whimpered. "I always thought you hated me."

That broke my heart. She was such a good girl, she didn't deserve this. She never deserved anything.

"And you didn't leave because of Dad, either?" she questioned. I imagined she was just making sure.

"No. I did not leave because of your dad. I love him too. My love for both of you, that's all that's kept me going."

"Oh." She said, almost as if she was remembering something.

I grabbed her little hand in mine for the first time in 10 years. But I couldn't think about that right now. "Olivia? What happened?"

"Dad...." I waited for her to continue, but she didn't.

"What about him? Is he okay?" Now I was worried.

"He's okay. He just misses you." I smiled and cried at that. "He's always missed you. But...."

"But?"

"Dad....well, Dad's on a date."

My heart stopped. The thought of James being on a date with someone else was almost too much to bear. But I shouldn't have expected any less. I wanted him to move on, I did, but at the same time, I didn't.