CHAPTER I

Hermione
She walked, soundlessly through the grounds of her school. It was all destroyed, nothing but ruins surrounding the building.

Voldemort had won. Harry was dead. So were Ginny, and Ron, and Luna.
For all she knew, only a couple of her classmates remained. Neville, probably. He had run away after Harry had been proclaimed dead. It was too much for him.
Lavender Brown was laying a couple feet away from Hermione. Her eyes were blank, lifeless.

Hermione didn't wince anymore at the sight of limp bodies, it was something she saw every couple of minutes. It wasn't something that affected her anymore.

Right now, she was headed towards the Room of Requirements. No death eaters were around. Most of them had left after Voldemort had dismissed them.

She still walked cautiously though, you never knew who could still be left.

Finally, she arrived at the seventh floor. A grand door appeared in front of her. She paced three times, thinking: timeturner, timeturner, timeturner...

She opened the door and walked inside. She hadn't been in there since third year, when she had hidden her timeturner, preserving it just in case of emergencies.

She internally thanked her younger self for being so paranoid, and chuckled walking towards the brown box on the floor.
And there it was, shimmering with magic just like it had years ago. She picked it up and brought it closer to her chest. It reminded her of Sirius, and Remus, and Harry.

Her fingers trembled as she placed it around her neck.

"It's time." A sigh escaped her mouth. "You can do it Hermione. Go back in time, get Tom Riddle to trust you, then stab him in the back. It can't be so difficult can it? After all, he's just a boy. A clever one, but a boy nonetheless."

After making sure she had everything she needed in her small, beaded bag, she stood straight.
Without hesitation, she spun the small device, counting out loud.
"One, two, three...
Fifty, fifty one, fifty two and fifty three"

Her insides felt as if they were dropping as she spun around, clutching on to her bag.
Finally, she landed.

Looking around, she smirked. Hogsmade.
It had worked. She took a look at a tall woman reading the Daily Prophet.
September 1st 1944.

"Perfect." She whispered before ducking behind a building. She made sure no one was around and transfigured her ripped jeans and dirty pink zip-up into appropriate clothes. A green floral dress and a black cardigan. On her feet she wore black, polished, mary janes.

After she was finished, she walked out onto the streets of Hogsmade that led to the castle.

"Ummm... excuse me sir?" She knocked on the big gates.

"Who'r you?" A tall, old man raised his eyebrows.

"Hello, I'm a transfer from Beauxbatons. I've come to complete my education here at Hogwarts."

"And what's yer name?" The old man started unlocking the gates.

"The name's Flamel, Hermione Flamel." She said confidently.

"Flamel? Like Nicolas Flamel?!" The gates were now fully opened.

"You'd be correct." She chuckled, stepping onto the grounds. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go meet the Headmaster."

She walked to the Headmaster's office and knocked.

"Come in." A voice said.
She did.

"Hello Headmaster Dippet. My name is Hermione Flamel." She bowed.