CHAPTER IV

TOM
He watched as Hermione entered the Great Hall with the Greengrass sisters and sat down not too far away from him on the Slytherin table.

He stood up and walked over to them. The girls stared at him blankly.

"Can we help you Tom?" Alicia smiled brightly.

"Hello ladies. I just wanted to talk to Hermione here." Tom gestured towards the pretty brunette.

She rolled her eyes and muttered something under her breath. "What?"

"Well you said you'd sit next to me today, and as far as I can tell, you're not doing so." He smirked.

"Oh... well, I'm sort of sitting with them right now. Maybe another day." She grabbed a piece of toast.

"Hermione don't be rude, go sit with him." Diana teased.

"Yes Hermione, don't be rude. You wouldn't want to hurt my feelings would you?" Tom raised an eyebrow at the blush that spread over her cheeks.

"Fine." She stood up and walked next to him. "See you later guys."

Tom grabbed her elbow and led her over to his seat. "Don't you remember what I said? When I tell you to do something, you do it." He muttered in her ear.

"I'm sorry, I forgot." She squeaked as he squeezed her arm. They finally sat down.

"Don't let this happen again. Next time, there will be consequences." His voice was deep and threatening.

He noticed she looked uncomfortable and smirked. "Aren't you going to eat anything?"

"Right." Her hand reached in fronting him, trying to get a slice of toast but she couldn't reach.

He chuckled leaning closer. "Let me." He placed the bread on her plate. "You don't have to be scared of me you know. I don't bite." The smirk remained on his face.

"I'm not scared of you." She spread butter on the piece of toast. "I'm just... cautious."

"Good." Tom's hand went under the table and rested on her thigh. His hand moved up and down.

She blushed and looked down at her plate. Then, she finished her food.

"We still have thirty minutes until Herbology. Let's go for a walk." He grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

They walked out of the Great Hall and around the school grounds, holding hands the whole time. They walked in a comfortable silence.

That was until Tom broke it. "I like walking around. Don't you?" He got a nod and kept talking. "It's calming. I especially like it with you. You don't try to make small talk, you simply allow me to take you around."

"I enjoy the silence." She whispered. "Besides, I'm not very good at small talk." A chuckle escaped her lips.

"I must admit, I enjoy these little strolls of ours. We should do it every day." He stopped walking to look out of the window.

His hand slipped around Hermione's waist as he pulled her flush against him. She could feel his breath on her neck and a slight bush creeped up her face. He buried his nose in her neck and took a deep breath.

"What do you want to do after you graduate?" He whispered.

"Probably get a job at the Ministry. I want to make a difference. To be influential. What about you?"

"Quite ambitious aren't we? I'd like to be a DADA professor, that is if my plans don't succeed." He chuckled.

"Plans?" She knew what he meant, but decided to pretend not to.