|2| Revelations

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

The wand chooses the wizard, Mr Potter.

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

◈◈◈◈◈◈◈

"Your wand hand?", Mr Ollivander asked.

"Right hand, Mr Ollivander", she held out her right hand.

He took measurements and then went to search for wands and then came back with a few boxes.

"Here Miss. Bones. Try this one. Aspen and Unicorn Hair, 10 inches, nice and flexible."

She took the wand and it felt warm. But she didn't think this was it.

"Hmm... No rejection, but it doesn't feel quite right?" Mr Ollivander murmured under his breath and took out another wand, "Blackthorn and Dragon Heartstring, 13 1/2 inches, quite whippy... Try this..."

It was also the same. He took out more and more wands but it all felt the same to her.

"Nice... No wands reject you. But you aren't getting the right feel. Interesting indeed. Two interesting customers in a row... How wonderful... Not to worry, I have quite a few interesting wands... now, come with me"

He took her deep inside the shop, where more wands were placed, but then she noticed that there were three wands that were kept aside.

"Now, Miss. Bones close your eyes and I'll hand the three of them to you. Let's see ...."

She closed her eyes as he handed her the first one. It was warm but warmer than before, but she still didn't get the right feel.

She shook her head and gave it back to him. Again he handed her another one. It felt cold. Too cold. As if she'd freeze. She shivered and handed it back to him, again shaking her head.

"I get the feeling that this would definitely suit you. I've wanted to see, who would get this wand. After all, these three have been there around for centuries"

He handed her another wand. This time she felt both warm and cold, and it made her excited. Somehow she felt nice... it was the right balance between the heat and cold. And it seemed...perfect. She could feel the magic flow through her hands into the wand and then she subconsciously opened her eyes and swished the wand, and a stream of gold and silver sparks shot from the end like a firework, throwing dancing spots of light onto the walls.

Just then she felt like something crawled onto her hand, she looked down and saw a silver phoenix tattoo like thing appear on her hand.

"This is it, it seems... Miss. Bones. Elder-Acacia hybrid wood, Phoenix feather core, 12 inches, unyielding. Black silver coated with moonstone inlaid. A very special wand. One of its kind"

"Um... Mr Ollivander... What do you mean?"

"Your wand Miss Bones, is made from Elder - Acacia hybrid wood. Many people have tried to make a hybrid of wand trees. They never succeeded. But one person accidentally succeeded. Although we don't know who it was and how they did it, it was my ancestor who brought this wand here. And this is the only wand that was made from hybrid wood. Phoenix feather represents a predestined fate. Elder wood is often associated with death. Phoenix feather with Elder wood together? It wouldn't suit at all, that's where the silver came in. For creating a balance between them. And the moonstone...this moonstone is quite mysterious and its origins are unknown. But, one thing that I'm sure of is that it holds too much power and no other wand other than this would be able to withstand its power."