Side Story 1

(A/N:  I feel like I haven't done enough from Harry's perspective. Like how he felt about finding out that he's a wizard and most importantly, how he came to feel like Lyra was 'his star'. I noticed this only while re-reading the whole thing from a reader's perspective. What I wanted to convey wasn't fully conveyed, I guess. So, I decided to write this as a Side Story.

As most of the things are still the same as canon, I'm only describing the parts that changed. And it is just the previous chapters from Harry's perspective.) 

__________________________

31 July 1991.  Diagon Alley.

Harry stood along with Hagrid outside Gringotts, still not feeling comfortable after the long wild ride down to his vault. Harry still couldn't believe it. That he was a wizard, that his parents had been wizards and there was a whole new world that existed which he never knew until now. Whatever he had been told were all lies. His whole life until now was a lie. 

His parents' name and his name were the only true things. But, he began to doubt it too. What if that had been a lie too?

What would he do in a completely unfamiliar world? All the magic and stuff were amazing, but what if he couldn't live up to expectations? What if they expel him out of Hogwarts saying that it was all a mistake?

He had never had friends in his previous schools because of Dudley. Now that he was here, somewhere without Dudley, could he make friends?

And what's with the people's stares? They look at him with so much admiration and respect that it was overwhelming. He felt uncomfortable... 

Before this, whenever he went outside, he was despised, everyone looked down on him, looked at him as if he were a freak. But now these people look at him with reverence, for something he did when he was a little child, for something that he couldn't remember, for something he did on the day on which his parents died. 

He wasn't even sure if it was his doing.

That was when his thoughts were interrupted by Hagrid, "Might as well get yer uniform", he said nodding at a shop named 'Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions'. "Listen, Harry, would yeh mind if I slipped off fer a pick-me-up in the Leaky Cauldron? I hate them Gringotts carts..."

Harry nodded to indicate that he didn't mind. But in reality, he did mind. He was left alone in an unfamiliar place, but he couldn't trouble Hagrid anymore could he? 

He nervously entered the shop alone.

He that there were already four girls and a boy in there. The boy had many similarities in his features that he shared with the girl who was giving her measurements, except for their hair colour. They looked so much alike that he instantly understood that they were twins. Two other girls were looking at the newly arrived batch of robes. And there was another girl who was just standing alone fiddling with her fingers and then looked up at him as he entered the shop.

The instant he saw her, he felt that she was familiar. But he didn't know why.

At his point of time, Madam Malkin had already noticed that he had entered and asked him, " Hogwarts, dear?" and he nodded in response.

"These children here are also starting at Hogwarts too. Wait a minute till I finish measuring her up" she said as she resumed measuring the platinum-haired girl.