3. Wrapped Up

Usually, because it takes a miracle for Peter to get a good night's sleep, Peter will turn his phone off overnight. Emergencies are brought to his attention through Karen, his AI, who is conveniently placed in a small pod-like contraption he'd made a few years ago that sits on his bedside table. So usually the phone is shut off to keep him from receiving anything that could jar him from his much needed sleep.

But when he'd started dating you, that had all changed. He left his phone on constantly so that if you were to ever call or text in the middle of the night or if you ever needed him, he'd be there.

That being said, you'd decided to stay over for the night so Peter could have easily shut off his phone to spend an uninterrupted night with you, but it had slipped his mind out of his new habit and after you'd forced him to do a face mask and drink some of the new tea you were obsessed with, Peter had fallen asleep so easily that the idea of shutting off his phone hadn't even crossed his mind.

So when his phone goes off at two in the morning, Peter immediately starts cursing. It's so dark out that it takes him a moment for his eyes to adjust. The only light is the city lights barely slipping through his curtains and - because you'd put your hair in a bun for the face mask before falling asleep - your hair was up and your neck was exposed.

Peter let his phone stop buzzing, ignoring the call, as his eyes zeroed in on the soft, almost warm glow of the antidote patch on your neck. You've had it for months now (almost five months now since you'd gotten it at the beginning of June and it was now the very end of November) but Peter had never gotten used to it.

Watching it strongly glow in the early hours of the morning was a comfort to him, because it meant that you were healthy, and he couldn't stop himself from sleepily tracing his fingertip along the two lines and circle as you slept.

But then his phone started buzzing again and Peter knew he couldn't ignore it. Groaning, he reached over you with his right arm (you refused to let him sleep with his artificial arm because you knew it could be uncomfortable for Peter and half the time now he hardly wore it around you at all) and noticed May's name flashing across his screen.

"May? Are you okay?" Peter mumbled tiredly, "Why are you calling."

"Peter! Hi," May gushed, sounding just as awake as if it were normal waking hours.

You shifted in your sleep and yawned, and as you rolled onto your back, your eyes fluttered open. Peter looked down at you and smiled apologetically while leaning down and rubbing his nose against your cheek.

"What's going on?"

"Did I interrupt something?" May asked.

"It's two in the morning, May. We're sleeping."

"We? Oh! Is Y/N there? Perfect because I was going to ask -"

"May," Peter sighed, "Can this wait until morning."

"Well, I guess. But when are you coming over tomorrow?"

Peter furrowed his brow and closed his eyes as your fingertips trailed along the tattoos on his chest tiredly. He couldn't remember making plans with May, and if he had, then he'd completely forgotten.

"It's Chanukah, Peter. You're coming over," May said sternly, "I just got all the groceries and -"

"Oh shit," Peter sighed, having completely lost track of time. He'd been so busy with school and work with Tony that the fact that tomorrow was the first day of Hanukkah had been lost in it all.

"You're coming over," May said more sternly, "And I think you should bring Y/N. I think she'd have a great time! We can cook and -"

"May, I really don't think -"