hera ~ [ kryozgaming ]

[ this was transferred from a book i made that was just kryoz imagines ! ]

"so do you have an idea of what breed you want?" john asks me. "first off, it's what we want, not just me," john forms a small smile, "and no not really."

john and i were currently on our way to the animal shelter near our home. we've been together for a while and after 2 years of thinking, we finally made up our minds and decided that we wanted to get a dog. the idea of a little pup roaming around our home makes me happy, and i think john feels the same way.

john grabs my hand with his free one, "well whatever we decide to get, i hope it makes that smile permanent."

"i mean, this smile is always around as long as you are." i respond, making john blush. he kisses the hand he's holding and we continue onto our journey to the shelter.

- skip to animal land -

after leading us to the dog area, the lady tells us to take our time. there's barking all around and i get excited. i turn to john, "gosh, i wish we could get them all, they're all so cute!"

"well, i mean we could," my eyes widen, "but we don't have enough money," he says, squeezing my hand. i stare at him with a straight face until he laughs at me. "you know i love you," he says, stretching out the 'you'. i roll my eyes at his response.

after a few seconds of walking around, i look to my left and see a little yorkipoo laying down on its own bed. "awe look at this little fella!" i say as i bend down to take a closer look at the pup. the yorkipoo starts wagging its tail and gets up to run in circles. i feel john bend down next to me, "jeez, i feel like i just broke something on my way down here." i giggle, "okay old man but, LOOK AT THE DOG!"

"yes, i see the dog, y/n."

after making huge heart eyes for the little cutie and finding out the gender, we decided to get her. "we'll get her ready for you two," the worker tells us. john and i sit down in an empty hallway as we wait. "you excited?" john asks. "very." i take his hand and start examining the rings on his fingers. "i like this one," i say, pointing to the gold one. "yeah? wanna try it on?"

"nah, it looks better on you." i lay my head on his shoulder, him immediately placing his head on mine. he starts to lightly rub my temple, calming me down from my excitement. he kisses the top of my head as i play with a button he sewed on his jeans.

the worker gives us the dog and some starter supplies, asking us what the name would be. john responds with hera, a name we both adored. the worker smiles and tells us to have a good day as we walk out of the building.

the ride home was quiet, despite the music quietly playing. hera was a bit nervous, probably from being away from her previous location and in a moving vehicle.

once we arrived home, we placed hera on the floor and poured some food for her. she was still a bit shy, shaking every so often. i act as if a lightbulb has appeared above me and grab the bag of treats the shelter gave us. i put one in my hand and let hera come to me. slowly but surely, she walks up to me and eats the treat and i lightly pet her, making the shakiness go away. i smile, knowing my plan worked. "she loves you" john says, surprised at my actions. "hell yeah she does."

"well now that we have her, you know what's next." i look back at the male, looking at his smirk, "oh yeah? and what exactly is that?"

"children."