22 - Y3

y/n paced in the Gryffindor common room. She hadn't seen Harry since the incident at the Three Broomsticks. Just then, she heard the common room portrait open and turned to see a certain redhead.

"Hey y/n, still haven't seen Harry?" Ron asked, making his way towards her.

"Nope. I hope he's okay. It's a pretty big thing to find out, ya know?" Said y/n, trying to not sound too worried. She picked up her Sherlock Holmes book, maybe this could distract her?

"I'll go check if he's up in the dormitory," said Ron before heading off upstairs.

y/n sighed and sat down, flipping to the page she stopped reading at.

⊱- - - - -⊰

Harry laid awake in his bed. It was currently 12 am. Frustrated, he got up, giving up on trying to fall asleep. Creeping out of the dorm with his invisibility cloak, wand, and map in hand, Harry made his way out of the common room for a walk to clear his mind.

20 minutes later, he was strolling near the Black Lake, looking around and losing himself in his own thoughts. Harry jumped a little when he heard laughter coming from the castle. 

He paused his tracks and looked around, who else would be up this late? The laughter died down to soft murmurs. It was too dark; he couldn't make out if anyone were around him. His only light source was the glistening moonlight shining faintly. 

"Lumos," Harry whispered and tapped the map, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." Making sure that his cloak was secured over him, he flipped through the map, searching for himself. 'The Black Lake', read cursive flowy words on the map. Besides an outline of a huge lake, he spotted his own name: "Harry Potter". He quickly schemed through the map of the places close to him, trying to find the sound of the faint talking noises.

His heart sank for a fat second when he spotted two names appearing at the Astronomy Tower, which was to his left. Up at the tower read two names he'd never thought he'd seen next to each other: "y/n Black" & "Draco Malfoy".

In disbelief, he rubbed his eyes and looked back at the map, the two names still there. He looked up at the tower beside him. Sure enough, there were two faint figures of a tall blond and a girl next to him. Harry scowled, why was y/n hanging out with Malfoy, they're enemy?

His heartfelt like there were 100 pounds of rocks weighing it down, his mood had gone. He shoved the Marauders Map into his pocket and made his way hurriedly back to the common room, feeling as if he was interrupting something, and also the feeling of betrayal. 

Did Hermione know about this? What about Ron?

He was in no mood to stay awake to think about what he had just witnessed. Pulling his hands up to his eyes and cupping them, he feels asleep, very frustrated.

⊱- - - - -⊰

"Harry, you -- you look terrible," Hermione said, concerned.

"Where is everyone?" said Harry as he slumped on the common room couch, Ron and Hermione sitting with him.

"Gone! It's the first day of the holidays, remember?" said Ron, watching Harry closely. "It's nearly lunchtime; I was going to come and wake you up in a minute."

The snow was still falling outside the windows. Crookshanks was spread out in front of the fire like a large, ginger rug, Snow snuggling beside him.

"You really don't look well, you know," Hermione said, peering anxiously into his face.

"I'm fine," said Harry. He then looked around, "Where's y/n?"