9 - Y3

・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚

After getting their money from the bank and being quiet, they stepped out of the building, deciding where to go next.

"So, where are we headed now, my weird friend?" y/n asked, smiling as she put her money pouch into her pocket.

"How am I weird for accepting who you are?" Harry asked pointfully.

"Good point. I'll stick with the "Ry" nickname then I guess," y/n chuckled as she headed along the streets of Diagon Alley, swinging her arms.

"Oh, thanks for the sweatshirt, by the way. You're really good at embroidery and sewing," Harry said, keeping up with y/n.

"Thank you, Ry. I'm flattered. I better see you wearing that often then." Harry chuckled at the girl. "Anyways, where are we headed now?"

"Well," Harry started looking around shops. "We could go to that ice cream parlor there!" Harry pointed at a stall that read: Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor.

"You've never been to Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor?" y/n asked, acting dramatically shocked.

"Well, the only other two times I came here, I've never really had time to stroll around. It was usually just focussing on buying my school supplies," Harry explained.

"Good point. Well, c'mon, you're gonna love it," y/n said pulling Harry by the arm towards the stall.

 Well, c'mon, you're gonna love it," y/n said pulling Harry by the arm towards the stall

The two entered the shop and the owner greeted them.

"Hello there, I'm Florean, what could I get you, two young lads, today?" Florean asked as he gestured towards the infinite varieties of ice creams to choose from.

"Woah, y/n. You were right. It's amazing here," Harry went to look at all the flavors and y/n smiled.

Looking over at the boy, made her feel warm. He looked so happy in the wizarding world. His whole face lit up and it was almost like the first time she saw him see Hogwarts.

"Um, I'll take double scoop vanilla and cookies and cream. Harry?" y/n said, taking her usual order.

"I'll have Chocolate and Strawberries & Cream," Harry said after a few seconds.

"You like strawberries?" y/n asked. She didn't think Harry was the strawberries type of guy.

"it's okay. I wanted to try something new," Harry said.

"That's nice. So do you want to go school supply shopping later or would you like to do that tomorrow?" y/n asked as she took the ice creams from Florean.

"I guess tomorrow. It's 3 now," Harry said as he checked his watch. y/n passed him his ice cream and they both chatted along as they headed back to the Leaky Cauldron.

That night, both of them said their goodbyes at 10 where they headed back to their own rooms, both smiling to themselves. Harry was relieved that he could have a friend to spend his time with. Especially that the friend was y/n. She seemed to come to Diagon Alley quite often and was very thrilled to tag Harry along. He was sure the next week or so being here would be very fun indeed.

y/n was lying awake on her bed, thinking about the things that happened today. She and Harry had a splendid time and she finally got to hang out with him somewhere else other than the school grounds.

The next few days went along similarly. It took Harry several days to get used to his strange new freedom. Never before had he been able to get up whenever he wanted or eat whatever he fancied. He could even go wherever he pleased, as long as it was in Diagon Alley, and as this long cobbled street was packed with the most fascinating wizarding shops in the world, Harry felt no desire to break his word to Fudge and stray back into the Muggle world.

Harry and y/n ate breakfast each morning in the Leaky Cauldron with Lupin. All three of them talking about what they did and what might happen in the school year to come. And also Lupin and Harry were getting to know each other better.

After breakfast Harry and y/n, and sometimes followed by Lupin, would go out into the backyard, take out one of their wands, tap the third brick from the left above the trash bin, and stand back as the archway into Diagon Alley opened in the wall.

They would spend their long sunny days exploring shops and visiting cafes. Harry and y/n would finish their homework outside of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlors and getting occasional help from Florean himself, who, apart from knowing a great deal about medieval witch huntings, gave Harry and y/n free sundaes every half an hour.

In the few days, they found out about the Firebolt which Harry was quite obsessed with and also bumping into some of their fellow Hogwarts friends.

⊱- - - - - - - - -⊰

· •. * . •   · 832 words ·  • . * .• ·