Chapter 14

*SLIGHT SEXUAL CONTENT*

The sharp stream of sunlight that was escaping through the raggedy blinds caused me to awkwardly awaken and flinch quickly. I squint while holding up my hand to block the light, groaning out of exhaustion and the honed pressure in my head. When the sun still proceeded to blind me through my fingers, I rolled over onto the other side of the firm pillow while fluttering my eyes open slowly. The pounding sensation in my head felt as if I just got hit by a semi truck that carried fifty-thousand pounds of cattle.

"Shit." I quietly curse to myself.

Once being able to properly open my eyes, I focused on my hand that was hanging off the bed. The alarm clock that was set on the nightstand read 9:04 in the morning with its bright red script. While strands of my umber hair rested peacefully on my face, I stared at my thick silver ring on my finger before raising my gaze to a vintage-like poster of a baseball player that was taped to a door. When I realize the unfamiliarity, I furrow my eyebrows and raise my head slightly. I looked around and the same gray dorm walls surrounded me but the furniture and clothes were out of place. I spotted navy colored shorts laid properly on the back of a desk chair, a large television resting on a black dresser with a cologne bottle placed right next to it. It wasn't long until I realized this wasn't my room and I wasn't in my bed, causing me to sit up immediately which didn't help my head's throbbing pains.

What the fuck?

I stare at the items throughout the room in complete disorientation before slowly turning my head to see the unexpected: a sleeping body laying next to me. Their brunette hair was disheveled and resembled the definition of bedhead. I could only see the bare back of the person considering they were laying on their side facing the window, revealing their relaxed masculine muscles. Not being able to see their face, I lean over to get a better look and the moment I recognize their closed eyes and sleepy face, my heart drops.

Garrett.

I'm in Garrett's room.

In Garrett's bed.

With him.

Why am I in Garrett's bed?

My eyes widen and my hand flies to my mouth in fright. I lean back as far as possible on the bed when I register that I'm in bed with a shirtless Garrett. Why isn't he wearing a shirt?

Oh no.

I look down to see myself in panic and quickly removing the cover, showing only my bra and underwear. My headache was completely unnoticeable due to the fact that I'm shitting myself over that I'm half naked in Garrett's bed. The view of my almost bare body makes me freeze my almost anxiety attack, a strong feeling of alarm starts to take over my body and I cover myself up with Garrett's white comforter once again.

I needed to get out of here.

Now.

I look at him again while he sleeps blissfully. His breathes were calm and deep, which were reassuring enough to know that I could get out of here swiftly. I take a deep breath and pray that he won't wake up when I remove the comforter and quietly place my feet on the floor. After the first step of my escape, I stood up at a turtle-like pace so the pressure of the bed wouldn't shift too suddenly for the sake of him waking up. Once I successfully get out of his bed, I look back to check to see if my movements were too abrupt and fortunately, they weren't.

I shifted my gaze to the floor to find my missing clothes that frighteningly enough were not on my body. My eyes fall on my jeans, allowing me to snatch them desperately and step into the legs. As I yank the denim up my body, I continue to search for the rest of my outfit. My jean jacket was laying in the corner of the room so I hustled over while my white shirt was nowhere to be seen, no matter how hard I squinted and cursed at myself. I mentally scream at the top of my lungs when I realize my favored eight dollar shirt is gone.