Chapter 10

TW: SA.

We reach the top of the concrete staircase that lead us to the backdoor with five guys standing there, drinking beers and talking.

"What's up, guys" Garrett let go of my hand to hug the boys standing around.

"Cohen! It's been a while," a guy with dark, curly hair shook his hand and followed it with a welcoming hug.

"I know, I know," he laughed, "I had to stop by to see the boys."

"I think he's just using us for some booze," one of them joked around, causing them all to laugh.

"Oh, and this is Layla," Garrett put his hand around my waist, "Layla, this is Lucas, David, Alec, Trent and Bryce," he pointed to each of them separately.

"Nice to meet you," Alec said and shook my hand, along with Lucas and Bryce while David and Trent were arguing over a beer.

"Likewise," I smiled.

"Well, we have drinks inside so you two lovebirds help yourself," Alec spoke again and motioned us inside, "we have a DD for the night."

"Thanks, bro," Garrett patted his back and lightly tugged me inside with him.

As I stepped inside the house, I spotted a beautiful, marble staircase and tall book shelves that had red solo cups on almost every shelf. I look around and notice a big room to my left that had colorful lights flashing violently and students dancing to the loud music. I look to my right and see people socializing and cheering people on to finish their drinks.

"You want a drink?" Garrett shouted in my ear.

"What is there?"

"I just know they have beer and jungle juice."

"Jungle juice is fine with me," I shout back.

"Alright, hold on!"

He let go of my waist and left me alone while he fetched me a drink on the other side of the house. I stand there and studied my surroundings while I watch multiple people stumble and grind on each other, finish their drinks by a countdown, girls running to the bathroom and people making out on the staircase before I was interrupted by someone tapping my shoulder.

I turn around and see a girl with dark red hair, wearing a black crop top and a high waisted skirt trying to get my attention.

"Hey," I spoke first.

"Are you and Garrett fucking?" she bluntly asked.

"Uh," I was caught off guard, "what?"

"Are you guys fucking?"

"Um, we're just friends," I choke.

"Sure," she smirked at me, "here, try this," she held out her drink in front of me, gesturing me to try it.

"What is it?"

"Whiskey and coke."

I grab the cup and look down to see a dark liquid that filled up the cup halfway. I smell the drink before I considered even trying it. I look back at her to see her waiting for me to taste it and give it back. I slowly take a sip before I cringe to the taste of the strong liquor.

"Holy shit," I spat after and gave back the drink, "you need more coke in there."

She laughed and nodded before Garrett came back with my drink and put his arm around my shoulder.

"What did you do to her while I was gone, Cynthia?" Garrett suspiciously gave her a look.

"Nothing, just let her try my drink and let me tell you, she's a trooper," she laughed, "I like her."