Harry Starts Hogwarts

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. Any names, places and other things you may recognize from the books belong to JK Rowling, not me.  

Watching from the edge of the forest, Prongs could see the specks of light from the boats he knew had the first year student. If only he could get closer, he might just be able to see Harry. But not without getting caught. He would just have to wait for Harry to come to him.

******

The first few days past were nothing happened. Students filtered passed the edge of the forest were Prongs could see them, however none of them looked like Harry. He would recognise his only son instantly.

Then, one Friday, two boys walked out of the castle and towards Hagrid's hut on the edge of the forest. They were short, which meant they had to be first years and as they got closer, Prongs began to notice some of their features.

The taller of the two had ginger hair. There were freckles on his face and his robes looked second hand. From knowing the family quite well, Prongs deduced that this must be Ron Weasley, the youngest Weasley son.

The other boy made Prongs do a double take. He was the spitting image of James, from the messy, black hair, to the way the boy smiled. Everything about him screamed POTTER! The only distinct differences were the lightning bolt scar on his forehead and the colour of his eyes. A colour Prongs would recognise anywhere. Lily's eyes. Harry's eyes. Harry.

The temptation to change forms and run to Harry was overwhelming but Prongs restrained himself. He knew now as not the time to tell Harry, and the world, he was alive.

He wished Lily were here to see him too. To know that he was safe and well. Curious, Prongs followed the boys to the hut, changed into human form, and hid in a bush to listen.

They chatted into the afternoon and the boys left just before dinner. James snuck back into the forest, before cantering off as Prongs, hoping to see Harry again soon.