Discovered by Remus

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter. Any names, places and other things you may recognise from the books belong to JK Rowling, not me.  

Prongs looked at Remus. He retreated into the forest and James returned a few seconds later.

"James" Remus sighed, "You're supposed to be dead"

"Don't you think I know that" James exclaimed, "I visit her every holiday and I can't help but feel guilty because I'm supposed to be next to her. Yet someone else is there in my place. How did you know it was me anyway?"

"Your eyes. I'd recognise them anywhere" Remus replied, "That and no other stag would brave coming up to me"

The two men burst out laughing and embraced each other. James took Remus to himhis home in the forest and they chatted until dawn.

"You can't say anything about me being here" James said as Remus prepared to leave "I'll tell everyone at the right time, whenever that is"

"I won't say a word. Not even to Harry. And that's a Marauder Promise" Remus said smiling. He left without another word, while James reminisced about their school days.

******

Every full moon, Remus would come down to the forest. He transformed with Prongs at his side, watching over him, then the men would sit and talk about whatever they could.

Some nights James would imagine that Sirius and Peter were there to, running through the forest with them. Childish, yes. But he missed those days.

"I had to confiscate a map off Harry the other day" Remus told James one night. Since they had started the monthly catch up, they spoke often of Harry, which James appreciated. "I hope I never find out how he got it, but I already have a hunch"

"What?! You mean..."

"The very same. Works like we made it yesterday. It was tormenting Snape when I took it off him."

"I can't believe it's still around. I thought it would have been destroyed"

"Not even close. Though, Harry told me that he saw Peter Pettigrew on the map. I mean, he's supposed to be dead."

"Yes, and so am I. Plus the map never lies, maybe he faked it"

"If that's true then Sirius is innocent. Everyone thinks he's after Harry, but what if he's not"

"If Peter's in the castle, Sirius will know"

"He was framed. For Peter's death. For yours and Lily's. He didn't even get to go to your funeral. They locked him up the week before. It almost killed him"

"We have to set things straight. I'm not going to let him go back."

"It shouldn't be long. Sirius was here the other night. Keeps getting into the castle. He can't be far off catching Peter."

"And when he does, I'll be there"

"As will I. We'll make sure justice is served"