My Not So Perfect Family

Everyone retreated back into the great hall. McGonagall stood on the raised platform, in front of the fallen, and started to speak about the dark times that had been Lord Voldemort's reign, those who'd lost their lives during the fight and the times ahead.

Then Harry got up and gave his thanks to those who helped him, acknowledged the dead and how they sacrificed themselves fighting for a better future. He then returned to the Gryffindor table, where a feast had started. Eventually Harry had to face the press, who'd arrived at the school after Kingsley sent word that the dark lord had fallen.

"You don't have to do this alone" James said, "I can come with you"
"I know. But only if you're sure" Harry replied, "Ron and Hermione are coming out to. As are McGonagall, Kingsley, Sirius and Remus"

"I'm sure. I don't want to hide anymore" and they walked out to face the crowd.

******

James Potter Survived?

By Rita Skeeter

James Potter, father of Wizarding hero Harry Potter, has today reviled that his is alive and well after the incident that killed his wife almost 16 years ago.

Could this be a well-planned trick? Or is someone else buried next to Lily Jane Potter?

Read more on pg 6

******

James dropped the paper on the table for Harry, Remus and Sirius to see. The picture under the title was of the four of them.

"Rita Skeeter," Harry said, "'A well planned trick?' She's been out to get me since the triwizard tournament"

"Yep. She's a digger alright," Sirius put in, "Always wants the dirt"

"Well, they'll believe me soon enough. The results from the DNA tests we ran will be here soon." James explained. He had gotten permission to collect some DNA from the body that was buried next to his wife.

"And the Auror department have given me access to the photos taken of the bodies before they were removed" Sirius said, "I can look and see if I can spot any differences between the James that died and the one that didn't"

It was time they found out who was really buried next to his wife, and why they thought it was him.

******

James stood in the Auror office with Harry, Sirius and Remus. Picture were strung all across Sirius's desk.

The DNA test had come back as a match to James, so they were trying to find a difference in the photos from the night Lily was killed. It was Harry who spotted it. A small difference but so obvious.

"The eyes!" He suddenly exclaimed

"What?" James asked

"Look at the eyes. They're blue"

James took a closer look at one of the photos. It looked exactly like him. Same scruffy black hair, same glasses, but Harry was right. The man in the photos had blue eyes. James's were brown.

"James" Sirius asked wearily, "Could it be Stefan?"

James gasped, "Dad was always saying how we could pass for twins."

"Who's Stefan?" Harry asked

"My cousin. Dad had an identical twin and while your grandfather chose to stay in England, Uncle Roger moved to France. I only saw them at family gathering, but Stefan and I have looked almost identical all our lives." James sighed, "I haven't seen him in years. After my parents died the family gatherings stopped. I wonder what he was doing over here."

"Who knows," Sirius shrugged, "At least we can prove who it is and why the DNA matched"

"Hey James," Remus called, "Come look at this one. I think it has you in it"

James looked at the photo Remus was indicating. It did have James in it. The photo was of the garden, the photographers back to the house. It the background was James hiding in the bush. Not that anyone noticed.

"Well now I can't be in two places at once now, can I?" James sighed again, "Come on, let's go and tell them that it's defiantly not me"

******

The family stood by the graveside. They'd agreed he could stay buried there. The name and birthdate on the grave had been changed.

"James" said a female voice, "Thank you. For finding him"

James turned. It was Flora, Stefan's wife. James gave her a small smile, "I just wish I could have spoken to him. Before all this happened"

"I know," Flora sighed, "But I'm glad I know. He always wanted a hero's death."

"Sounds like something he would want." James looked at Flora, "Would you and the girls like to come back to mine for dinner. You could meet my family. Well not all of them are my family and they're not perfect but you know."

"Sure. I'd like that" Flora called them over, before taking one last glance at the grave where both Lily and Stefan were buried and allowing James to take them to Grimald Place, where his not so perfect family were waiting.

RuJGzcShw|�V�0