Happy Birthday Harry

Molly kept her promise to James, and before he knew it, Harry was back at Grimald place with him. The Weasley's had gone back to the Burrow, so it was only Harry, James, Sirius and Remus in the house, making it a complete Marauder haven.

Every day was a day filled with fun. Ron and Hermione would come over often via the floo, as Hermione was staying with the Weasley's for the summer while her parents went on a cruise. It was the best summer James could have spent. And the fact that James could spend Harry's 17th birthday with him made it even better.

As the day drew closer, James, Remus and Sirius began to plan a surprise party.

"We can ask Ron and Hermione about who to invite" James said, "Only people he's close to. Those that are on his side"

"But James, that would mean telling more students about you" Remus pointed out, "Isn't that a bit risky"

"Yes, but if we only invite people they trust. A few already know anyway."

"If you're sure"

"I'm sure" James looked down at the parchment in front of him, "What about food?"

"We can ask Molly," Sirius suggested, "She's always up for it."

"Good plan, and drink we can get from Diagon on the day. So I think that's everything" James said, "We'll ask Molly about food, Ron and Hermione can get the invites out, Sirius is on drinks duty cuz I can't leave the house yet and Remus and I will set up decorations. Now let's hide this bit of paper before Harry gets back"

******

The 31th July dawned and the plan was set into action. Like most mornings, Harry woke late. He was greeted in the kitchen by a face full of colourful decorations and a big, red banner that had 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRY!!' written across it.

"You've been busy" He noted, sitting down at the table and helping himself to toast.

"Don't you know it" James said, sitting down next to him, "I have your present, but you'll have to wait until later to have it. We've planned a great day. Well afternoon"

Sirius and Remus sat opposite them.

"Eat up," Sirius said, "Ron and Hermione will be here soon. Then we can go to the stadium for the tour"

"Tour?" Harry looked up, "what tour?"

"You'll see" Remus said, "Go and get dressed and then you'll find out"

Harry shot up, and thudded up the stairs.

"I've never seen him move so fast" James commented as the floo flared and Ron and Hermione stepped out. "Morning."

"Morning," Ron said, "He upstairs?"

"Yes. Just getting dressed. Moved like lightning when I said about the tour." James said

"Does he know that you're coming to?" Hermione asked

"Not yet, but everything is set. Remus is going to put the disguise on me before we leave. It'll be nice to get out the house"

Harry appeared back in the kitchen, fully dressed with shoes on and cloak over his arm. He greeted Ron and Hermione enthusiastically, giving Remus, James and Sirius a chance to get ready with shoes and cloaks. Harry noticed, "Dad, you're not coming to are you?"

"Don't worry Harry, we've got it covered. I'm just an Auror, there for your safety." James explained, he turned to Remus, who raised his wand and applied the disguise. James' hair went from black to a dusty blond, his eyes brown to blue and facial hair appeared. He was unrecognisable as James Potter.