The Jaye

After that incident Martine ordered for our dinner. Still disorriented of what was happening she sat in her bed thinking about Landon.

"Hey." She feel Martine's hand on her back comforting her. She took a deep breathe. "We should eat. You need to take your medication." He said. I look at him.

"Why did he reacts like that?" I asks him. He sigh and move in front of me.

"Can we drop the subject for the momment? You need to eat and takr your med." He said holding both of my hands. This time I sigh and look down. "Hey, hey!" Martine grab my chin and tilted it up. "Look at me, Ischia." He commanded I followed. "Don't stress your self out okay? Just relax for a momment. He's you're best friend. He may not be comfortable seeing you with another guy. He'll come to his senses. Okay?" He assures me and he smile. That did it, just one smile from him calm my nerves. I nod at him and smile too.

******************************

"Hey, you okay?" Martine asks me. I look at him flushed by his question. I look around and all eyes are looking at us.

"Yeah." I simply said. We're at the middle of meeting and I kind of drift off for the first time since I work here.

"I told you not to go to work." He said in annoyance.

"C'mon... just go on with the meeting." I whispered to him looking down. I really hate it when people are looking. He took a deep breathe.

"Okay people, lets end this meeting. I want your reports at the end of the day." He said then he grab my hand and stands up. I look at him in pannick but he is already dragging me out. I look around stunned and found the employee's stunned expression mirrored mine.

"Hey, uhmmm..." I said unnable to think what to say. My eye brow raises when we got to the elevator and saw that he punches the parking lot. "Where are we going? Office hours are not done yet." I complain.

"Relax, I have an appointment." He said calmly letting my hand go. My forehead wringkled. Then I hurriedly look at my cellphone scanning his schedule.

"I didn't see any of it." I said matter of fact. Then he grab my phone, I look at him questionably.

" Because baby, you didn't schedule it. My mother did." He said.

"Oh." Is just what I manage to say. One thing I like about him is that he really love her mother.

"I just really hope I get this." He said.

"Why?"

"My mom really want this model to wear her latest collection But according to her agent this model is just a freelancer and did a photoshoot just for fun. That's why my moms secretary can't get her and that's the reason she sends me." He explain. Her mother is a well known designer and frankly, she love her clothes.

"You'll get her don't worry." I assure him as we walk out of the elevator. He stops then look at me. I stop too.

"If I can't get her, I'll just tell my Mom to make you a model. I'm sure you'll fit. " He smirk at me. I punch him playfully.

"In your dreams. C'mon!" I said dashing to his car.

When we arrive at the coffee shop I was surprise to see Anna there. She's one of my few friends here in New York. When Martine motion me to her table I was more surprise.

"Anna!" I greet her and we hug.

"Oh I miss you darling." She said but she look surprise too when she saw Martine at my back.

"You know her?" Martine voice out when after our greetings.

"Oh yeah she's living next to me." I explain. "This is my boss, Martine Lane." I introduce to Anna.

"Oh, hi Sir." Anna said politely and held out a hand. Martine took it.

"So, I called about the model." Martine open as we sat up.

"Yes, about her. Jaye must be BUSY right now." Anna said emphasizing the word BUSY. My mouth hangs open. She mean?

"I can give her anything she wants. Just let her name her price." Martine said, Anna givd me a look. I bit my lower lips. Don't know what to do I dig in my drink.

"I don't think she could do it. She have a work..." Anna said estimating her words. "I mean real work... 5 times a week 8 hours a day." Anna explain.

"Well I can make arrangement on it and when my Moms get her as a model she'll have a contract." Martine sigh. "Look Miss Vera, I can assure you, you're model will pay much better than her job right now."

I glance at Anna, she gave me a questioning look.

"Look Mr. Lane, you're not the only one who offered that to her. Some are better than that but still its rejected." Anna said. I hear Martine took a sharp breathe.

"Then what would be the thing to convince her?" He asks irritated already. Anna look torn.

"Well I personally don't think you could persue her. She love her job so much." Anna commented.

"And that is?" Martine raise his brows.

"I think if you gave her a day off so that she could try you're Moms fashion show, she might consider." I blurted out. Martine was about to say something but he stop immediately.

"What?" He asks looking me questionably.

"Hi, I'm Jaye." I said helding my hands to him for a hand shake. He look at me then to Anna.

"Yes she's THE Jaye you're looking for." Anna said giving out a sigh of relief.

"I could really try one fashion show but I really can't stay." I explain.

"The hell you will!" He said scowling. Uh-ohh. What did I do this time?