Heart ached

Chapter six

                It was nearly one week that I and Martine is seemed to be dating. I feel like I’m in a cloud nine.  It’s just like a very beautiful dream. But just like a very beautiful dream it would end up. And worse it would turn into a very bad nightmare. So well that is what happened to me.  The other week I was so happy and then now, I was in a hell hole.

                Last week every day in the morning we would give our good morning kiss. Have breakfast and proceed to our works. At noon we will eat lunch kiss and back to work. When the night came, we will eat dinner somewhere or on my apartment and will cuddle till we fall asleep. That’s our routine. Not until Friday. I was about to order our lunch when he told me he was going somewhere and I have to eat lunch alone just for now. I visit the office cafeteria and didn’t find something I want to eat. So I go downtown to Landon’s Family restaurant to eat. Denise was also there to help because she didn’t have a class so she eats with me. I was about to return to the office when I spotted Martine in the restaurant across the street.  I didn’t mind him at first but I caught glimpse of who he was with, it was Amy the model who was his latest girl last month. They are talking seriously. It gets her curious. Then after a while, Martine stands up and guided Amy out the restaurant her eyes never leave them. Before Martine sends Amy inside her car, he kiss her. She holds her breath. He kissed her. In lips! That damn pig kissed that girl in the lips. And it look so intense and sweet. Jealousy strike in her o hard that she can’t breathed. It was supposed to be their kiss. It was supposed to be her. It was their kiss. It was hers! Not her. But she can’t blame the girl for it was Martine who did it first.  She held her hand on her heart. She can’t breathe. That’s it. It was her asthma attacking she thought. She was never attack by the illness since jr. high. When she learned to control all her feelings. But now her anger, rage and heart break was so much for her heart to handle. It is coming back right now. Denise noticed her clutching her heart.

“Are you okay, ate?” she asked. I just looked at her. I know my face is pale right now. I swallow hard.

“Oh my! What’s happening?” she asked in panicked. “Mom!” she called out her mother.

Aunt Lira hurried to our table and see me.

“Jaye? Are you in pain?”She asked then I saw shock expression on her face. “Gosh! It’s her asthma.” She said and I passed out.

                I woke up in the hospital that night with Landon by my side holding my hand.

“Oh thanks to God your awake.” He said and kiss my forehead. I groaned I can hardly breathe. I swallow hard

“What happen?” I ask in a horse voice.

“You passed out in the restaurant. The doctor said it was your asthma attack.” He told me and glance at me. I just look up. “I thought it was gone years ago, jaye?” he ask. I just look at him. Don’t know how to answer it. I also thought it was gone.

“The doctor said, it’s not your immune system or your health. He said it was your emotion.” He told me. “He said it was so intense that your heart can’t handle it.” He said. I remember what I saw outside the restaurant. It was Martine, kissing Amy. Then I didn’t know that I was already crying. Landon rushes to my side and hush me. Put my head on his chest.

“What’s the matter Jaye?” he asked in full concern voice. I wish Ate Rue were here to so that  I can tell here and she give me a comforting advice.

“I just miss my family.” I said. It was partly true. I missed them so much.

                He hug me tightly comforting me. But it worsens my cries. I want Martine to hug, cuddle me and kissed me. Not  Landon. Not my best friend, but the guy I love. I cry much harder realizing I am in love with Martine. I am in love with my Boss.

“Hush. Don’t cry. You can go home.” I looked at him. Teary eyed. “Stop crying or you’ll not be able to breathe and pass out again. I’m gonna arrange for your sick leave for one month. You like that?” he ask  me. Thinking of becoming away with Martine make my heartache.

“No!” I immediately say. “I’ll arrange for it next month. This month is so busy so I can’t leave that easily. I am really planning to go home next month. I have to attend Camille’s wedding.” I told him. That’s true. Actually she and Martine are planning for that trip home. He wants to go to the Philippines. Meet her family, learn the language and enjoy there.  Yeah they plan all that night by night before they fall asleep. She controlled herself from breaking into a cry.  She take a deep breathed.

“I want to go home, Land.” She said in determined voice. “I have to be early tomorrow for school.

“Yeah, about that your boss is constantly calling. And you can’t go to work tomorrow lady.” He said pinching my nose.

“Oh, no. I can’t do that. I have tests tomorrow.” I said and check my phone. I have missed calls from my mom and from Martine. It is 50 missed calls from him and also msgs. “Did you tell my family?” I ask wordily. I don’t want to make them panic.

“No. we don’t want them to panic.” He said while arranging my things. “I’m going to get the doctor so that you will be discharged. He said and walks out the door.

                I check my msgs from Martine.

Hey I just got back to the office. Where are? You did go out for lunch? That’s the first text.

Ischia? The next four messages was just my name and question mark.

Where are you? I’m gonna fetch you up.

Where are you Ischia Jaye?

What the hell Ischia? Where are you?

                I deleted the conversation in my phone. I don’t want to read it. I took a deep breath again for me to control my emotions. After a while Landon came inside with the doctor. He didn’t want to discharge me at first because they have to observe me still, but due to my constant pleading and tantrums. He permits me to go home just to be back tomorrow for further check-ups. Then I agree. My phone keeps on ringing it was Martine. I ignore it. I keep it in silence. It was late 10 p.m when we got home.  Landon stays in the guest room so he could monitor me every time. I can’t sleep; I want to cuddle with Martine. I look at my phone. It stops ringing. I burry all my feelings and thought deep inside me. I feel asleep dreaming of Martine cuddling me.