Medication

Chapter seven

                So it was Wednesday today. My laboratory results just came yesterday. It says that my heart is not that healthy. So I need to be stress free, watch my daily diet and no intense feeling for the mean time. Because of my healthy diet that every afternoon Denise or Aunt Lira drop me my foods and at breakfast and dinner Landon will cook for me. He stays at my house for a while. And I hate the idea of being a burden to them so I have to control my feelings and get well soon.

                Martine didn’t call or text me after Saturday night. On Monday, he didn’t even look at me. We act civil with each other all the time. But he is always in rage and have very low tempered. Well who cared? I just made my task as always put my blank face on and ignore his tantrums. Like now, we are in meeting and all he can notice is all the wrongs things in his company.

“I can’t believe that I this kind of employee’s. Unreliable and not trust worthy.” His voice is booming in the board room. I feel my chest tighten up. Yeah. Damn it. I forgot to take my med plus I didn’t eat the breakfast Landon left at home. Landon left early because he has an early practice. So he just cook me breakfast. I take a deep breath. It didn’t help that the ambiance in this boardroom is so terrorizing and everyone is all tensed. “I want better reports this Friday, you all fixed this! This meeting is adjourned.” He said.

                Everyone hurry to go out. They didn’t want Martine to change his mind and shout at them again. Also it is 1 o’clock. Maybe their also very hungry and exhausted like her. When everybody are out, Martine stands up and go out as she follows. When they reach the office, Landon is setting outside. He’s carrying a lunch box. Yeah her lunch what else? Martine stops and look at her with disgust. Her chest tightens up again this time it’s more painful. She feels like passing out. She walks pass through him hurriedly to get to Landon, maybe he got her medicine. She also forgot to bring it.

“You didn’t eat and didn’t take your medicine Jaye.” He’s eyes warned me. I can’t breathe. When I was close enough, I grab his shoulders and squeeze my chest. “Shit!” he murmured and gets something to his backpack. Maybe it’ her med, but she felt like it is too late. She breathes in and out. She’s sucking all the air she can take. Landon put the nebulizer on her and she breath with it. She feels another arm catches her back.

“What happen to her?” She heard Martine ask. She’s still sucking the air in the nebulizer.

“Asthma attack.” C'mon let’s get her a more comfortable position.” Landon said and carry her. Martine open the door of her office.

“You bring her inside my office I have much comfortable sofa.” He told Landon who also agreed and rushes her inside Martine’s office and put her on the sofa.

“You should really eat your breakfast and drink you medicine, Ischia Jaye!” He scolds me like my father did when I am in this state in the past. I ignore him and still concentrate on comforting myself. Burying my feelings deep down.

“You just got out of the hospital Ischia Jaye. You listen to me.!” Oh icecreamylicious. Now he’s angry, because I’m not listening.

‘I am.” I replied quietly. “I’m sorry I forgot.” I told him and look at Martine. He look confuse and worried.

“You did Hospitalized?” He ask and look towards Landon.

“Yeah. friday afternoon.” He informed him, I saw the surprise in Martine’s face and he look at me unbelievably. Landon takes something out in the lunch box. “Eat this soup. It would make you feel better mom put’s origano on it.” He told me. Origano is a herbal medicine in the Philippines and it is cure for cough and asthma as they said, and it taste awful.

“Really? You shouldn’t tell me that information. You know I hate that thing I told him and push his hand away.

“C’mon, Jaye. Don’t make this hard.”  He warned me. So I take a sip and it didn’t taste that awful. I took the spoon and the Tupperware in his hands.

“I’ll do it.” I said. He gives it to me and look to his watch.

“I have game practice. I can’t get you home.”  He said worriedly, that he can’t get me home.

“I’ll do it.” Martine said.

“No I’m okay. Just a food and a medicine will do. I can work you know.” I told them.

“No.” they said in union.

And look at each other.

“I’m going to take you home, Miss Castro. I feel bad that the meeting took too long nd you didn’t eat at time and drink your medication.”  Martine said formally, like it was the right thing to do as her Boss.

“Yeah, you should follow him.” Landon said. “I’m going my coach is really going to be mad. Bye.” He said and kisses my checks. Then he looks at Martine and said. “Thanks for the consideration, Mr. Lane and please take care of her. I’ll get going.” Then with a warning stare. “You should rest Jaye or I’m going to admit you to the hospital. And I mean it.” He said and walk out. Whoooaaa. And now I am alone with the devil.