King & Queen

3rd Person POV
Kattegat, Norway

Bjorn and Thorunn led the twins to the Great Hall to meet the King and Queen of Kattegat, Ragnar and Aslaug. 'I can feel your excitement from here Kol.' Rebekah told him mentally. 'This is Ragnar Lothbrok, the most famous Viking in the world... until his sons exceed him.'
'Aslaug was supposed to be a volva right? Maybe she can help us.' Rebekah suggested.

Ragnar noticed the oddly dressed strangers entering behind Bjorn and Thorunn and presuming they were threats, nodded at the guards posted at the doors and the base of the throne to push them back away from them. "Father what are you doing?!"
"Who are they?"
"We found them on the beach, they were shipwrecked after going out on a boat trip from Oslo. They're tvíburar." Bjorn pointed out - twins were quite rare in those times and said to be a gift from the gods.
"What are they wearing?" Aslaug questioned. "I'm honestly not sure." Bjorn replied confused.

Ragnar was watching the twins as Rebekah kept Kol behind her, knowing how on edge he would be with people threatening them. "Are you the fighter in this partnership?" He asked her in Old Norse as he walked forward. "Haha! We both are, but trust me you do not want to see what he will do to people pointing weapons at him."
'Oh yes, because I'll feel much better with them pointing weapons at you!' Kol mentally commented. 'You and I both know it's better than you'd feel if they pointed weapons at you.' She replied.
"Hmph!" He exclaimed out loud, annoyed that his twin thought that about him.

The Vikings were watching their silent exchange very confused, except Aslaug who could sense something powerful about them "Ragnar, I think you should take the guards away." He did as his wife suggested and the twins visibly relaxed. "You've got some power of your own, darling. Volva I presume?" Kol asked.
"Yes."
"Perhaps you can help us contact our local volva - let her know where we've washed up." He suggested looking at Rebekah for her opinion on his plan to contact Freya. "Of course, we also have a seer if you think he can help you." Aslaug agreed. Kol's eyes lit up "Yes I think that will be helpful."
"In the meantime you are welcome to warm up around the fire whilst we find you a place to stay until you can return home." The Queen welcomed them. "Uh Aslaug, a word." Ragnar said worriedly and pulled her over to a corner of the room, not knowing that the twins would hear every word anyway.

"What are you doing?"
"Being a good host."
"I'm not sure I trust them."
"They're just kids Ragnar. What do you want me to do?"
Bjorn interrupts them "They are our fellow countrymen Father. And, I don't think they mean us any harm; Rebekah was apologetic after she realised she'd injured me in her alarmed and confused state." He gestured to his bleeding temple, which neither his father or step-mother had noticed yet. "She done that you?" Ragnar questioned and Bjorn nodded. "If that's what she can do, what can he do?"
"Maybe we should trust Rebekah when she said we wouldn't want to see that." Thorunn reminded them. "Fine. Keep on their good side." Ragnar told them all.

Volva = witch
Tvíburar = twins