Change

Both parties returned to the camp to celebrate their easy victory over King Britwulf of Mercia.

The twins had volunteered to help sift through the wounded Mercian soldiers and make sure they were all dead.
"Well, that was fun!" Kol exclaimed as he finished off a Mercian soldier

"Nothing like a good slaughter." He said happily looking up at Rebekah expecting her to agree with him but found a blank expression on her face "Bex." Kol tried.
"Ya, it was fun... but I'd rather be home." She admitted.
"We'll work it out. Or Freya will." Kol reassured his twin coming around to pull her into his side. The twins stayed like that for a couple of minutes before they picked up on the sounds of somebody approaching them and pulled apart. Floki appeared over the hill and said "Grab an axe each. Ragnar has an idea to scare the other army before we fight them."

The twins, Floki and a few other vikings cut all the heads off the Mercian soldiers and attached them to the ships.

Kol laughed in delight as the Saxons ran away "Haha! I'll have to use that. See, we're learning so much!"
"If only you had this enthusiasm for learning when I wanted you to join me at Mystic Falls High." Rebekah jokingly patronised.
"Mm, darling, if I had went to Mystic Falls High everyone's heads would have been chopped off." Kol reminded her bending down to kiss the top of her head.

Unfortunately, whilst back at the camp Torstein's arm had to be cut off to prevent the spread of any infection. Kol was about to voice his willingness to rip it off but Rebekah saw his thoughts and stopped him before he exposed their super strength.
'We could indiscreetly heal him.' She suggested instead.
'Uh, no. This is probably supposed to happen anyway.' Kol mentally said as they watched on. 'Ugh, great. Now I'm hungry again.' Kol thought as the blood oozed out of Torstein's shoulder.
'How can you have an appetite with the smell of burning flesh all around us?' Rebekah mental retorted burying her face into Kol's shoulder.

It wasn't long before the raiding party and the Saxon soldiers were preparing to return to battle and as bowls of blood were passed around the Vikings to use as war paint, Kol helped himself to a little drink. "Seriously?" Rebekah asked.
"I'm still hungry." He defended.
"So have a bite."
"That's not enough. I need to drain someone on this battlefield."
"Kol?"
"I'm ok. I just need a full meal."
Rebekah nodded in acceptance "Well at least you'll blend in."
"Why not start now." Kol exclaimed flicking some blood at his twin.
"Aah!" She squealed.

Rebekah saw that Thorunn was losing the battle against the Mercian soldier and couldn't bear the thought of an innocent child dying. So the original flashed over and ripped out the man's heart before he slashed his sword across Thorunn's face.
"Now that is no way to treat a pregnant lady. I do hate bad manners."

Thorunn looked up at her in shock and hearing what his twin said from across the battlefield Kol looked up from his latest meal.

As the battle ended Kol flashed over to Rebekah and dragged her off to the woods to speak in private. "What the bloody hell did you just do?"