Prologue

3rd Person POV
New Orleans
2019

The 5 remaining Mikaelson siblings and Hayley were standing defensively in the courtyard of the compound facing off against their latest enemy - a very powerful warlock.

Kol made a snarky comment, accidentally directing the warlock's ire onto him and Rebekah flashed across the room to stand in front of her 4 minutes older twin brother. "Oh, that's cute." The warlock commented about to blast her instead, but Klaus quickly caught his attention, trying to protect his baby siblings. Whilst their enemy was distracted, Kol reached forward and gently pulled Rebekah back in line, putting her on his right side - a system they had developed over 1000 years ago when they where still human (if Kol was on Rebekah's right side he was calm, if he was on her left side he was ready for a fight).

(A/n: I've actually noticed that on TVD and TO - I don't know if it was a conscious decision on the writers/directors/actors part - but most of the time when Kol and Rebekah team up, as Kol gets angrier he moves around Rebekah.)

Kol looked mad at her. 'What?' Rebekah said through their psychic bond with a smirk on her face 'You would've done the same thing.'
'Soo not the point.' Kol answered as he continued to glare at her. 'Yes it is!'
"Tvíburar!* Can you do that later?" Elijah asked quietly being the best at noticing when they had zoned out on the present situation to have a psychic conversation as he had been responsible for their care over the past millennia.

Apparently he hadn't been quiet enough, the warlock looked up with curious eyes "Hmm, interesting." He said before chanting a spell. Kol and Freya looked over at each other and shook their heads, a confused look on their faces; as neither of them recognised the spell or language and therefore did not know how to counter it.

Suddenly, the warlock began to chant louder and his spell was causing the lights to flicker on and off; his right had glowed white freezing them all where they stood. Next, his left hand glowed red forming a ball the same colour and he launched it at the twins sending them crashing backwards. Not a moment after that he sent their other family members flying in different directions across the compound.

Elijah flew into the pillar with the family crest, Klaus landed on the first floor, Hayley had been sent through the French doors to the dining area and poor mortal Freya had been thrown back hitting her head on the ground and losing consciousness.

The 2 remaining original vampires recovered first and could not account for their baby siblings "Where are Kol and Rebekah?" Klaus asked, his voice dangerously low.
"Ha! Now that be telling! I'll give you a clue though, one word - back."
The brothers looked confused and feeling his red door swinging open Elijah picked up a sword which had fallen off the wall when he crashed into it "HEY!" he screamed as he threw it at the warlock who disappeared in a cloud of smoke just before it hit him.

The level of his volume was enough to rouse Hayley from the dining room and bring Freya round, although she wasn't getting up anytime soon as she let out a strangled cry of pain "Mmn." Hayley checked on her and fed her some blood as the 2 Mikaelson brothers were too preoccupied looking for the twins even going so far as to check under couches, cushions and piles of rubble they already knew they wouldn't be under.
"Kol!
"Rebekah!"
"Twins!"
"Tvillinger!"
"Tvíburar!"
They sporadically called out using the 3 languages they spoke the most: English, modern day Norwegian and their native Old Norse, hoping they'd answer in one of them.

A/n: Apparently, Icelandic is more like Old Norse than Norwegian so I'll be using that now. You can thank an insta live with Ragga Ragnars for providing me with that piece of information. Again, I do not speak this language, I am using Google Translate so I apologise if anything is wrong.

Icelandic
*Tvíburar = Twins

Norwegian
Tvillinger = Twins