14

New Orleans
Present Day

Freya slumped back against her chair after failing again at another spell to time travel 1200 years into the past.
"It's not working."
"Well, try again." Klaus said in a tone that was more like an order. Elijah held out his wrist to Freya whilst Hayley held out a bottle of water. Freya picked the water causing Elijah to furrow his brow. "I'm okay brother. I'm not ill or injured, the water will suffice."
"I am concerned at how draining these spells are. We must not lose you in the process of retrieving Kol and Rebekah."
"We need something big. Something that has the power to shake the very structure of reality.
"Well, you've already tried channeling two originals and a hybrid. What could be bigger than that?" Hayley questioned.
"What about Hope?" Klaus suggested. She was a tribrid after all, an even bigger abomination than a hybrid.
"Klaus!" Hayley scolded.
"I don't know if it would work." Freya said. "But we could try."
"No!" Hayley protested. "She's just a kid."
"Then we'll call that Plan B. There is one other way I think we should try." Freya informed them.
"Which is?" Elijah questioned.
"We need a Nexus Vorti."
"Like when Davina unlinked my Sireline?" Klaus questioned.
"Yes."
"How do we get that this time?" Hayley asked.
"You could unlink mine." Elijah offered.
"No, that's okay brother. I have an idea for what might give us enough power..." Freya trailed off as she looked up at her middle brother.

...

"You want to kill Marcel!?!?"
"If possible. If not, I believe returning him to an ordinary vampire should give us enough power."
"So Niklaus, I believe you have a choice... our baby siblings or your adopted son?"
"Don't forget 'Lijah, there is also the demon who took Kol and Rebekah away from us." Klaus reminded his older brother.