Chapter 2: Meeting "Her"

Aveline's POV...

 "I'll be off to the concert now mom." I said to my mother who lay in her bed.

"Enjoy there, honey. I see I've caused you quite a trouble past few days." She smiled apologetically.

"I hate it when you say that. Take care. I'll be back soon. Bye." I left for the concert my idols were having. I considered myself lucky to see them performing right in front of my eyes. Every Army is. My bias? Kim Taehyung. I love the way he performs so passionately. 

Just as I passed the streets, I bumped into someone. My skin buzzed along with goosebumps erupting on it. My hackles rose and I took off as fast as I could manage looking lady-like. Past few days had been weird and equally frightful. I kept encountering mysterious people whom I thought were my stalkers. All of them caused my skin to tingle in a weird way, just like the man I collided with today. The only difference was that this time, the tingles felt natural, more like in a soothing way. Maybe it's because I had already got used to them. Nevertheless, I decided not to take any chances, especially when I was on my way to an important than hell occasion. 

Good thing I had my sneakers on

***

After the merging, I collapsed. The day's tiredness washed over me as I fell into a deep sleep. After the fight with the Titans, this was the first time I felt this tired.

'V, time to wake up.' I felt RM pull the blanket off me. I moaned. This action of him always irritated me the first thing in the morning.

'Didn't we have 2 weeks of rest this time? Why can't you let me do things my way just this once?' I dragged myself out of the bed and rubbed my eyes groggily. 'Namjoon, could you try to wake me up in a more humane way?'

'No.' He went laughing down the stairs. I sighed. I brushed my teeth, got fresh and together we headed towards the gym. I, Jimin and Jungkook did not need to sculpt our body in the gym. We would look in whatever way we wanted ourselves to. Being an Olympian should have its perks, right?

After getting all sweaty, we headed towards our bathrooms. The hot water melted all the tiredness I felt yesterday, leaving me relaxed. I couldn't stop thinking about that woman since the moment when she bumped into me. I still feel the remnants of the tingles which followed the collision. Suspicion arose in the back of my mind. After changing into a simple white button-down shirt and black ripped jeans, I looked out of the window onto the busy street below.

'You coming for the breakfast?' Jimin gave me a concerned look.

'Yeah. Hey Jimin,' 

'What?' He turned to look at me.

'About the woman who bumped into me yesterday, -'

'Yes. I also wanted to talk about her. Don't you think she seemed a bit... different?'

'Hmm. Upon contact with her skin, I don't know but my body felt fuzzy and tingly and that makes me suspicious.' I frowned.

'Seems like we need to consult our Maknae.' Jimin turned towards the door. 'By the way, it's Japchae (A Korean dish made from potato noodles) today.' I practically ran down the stairs at the sound of my favourite dish.

'Is our kookie still snoring away?' J-Hope asked as others roared with laughter.

'As always.' Jin said between laughs

'I'm right here, you know.' Jungkook said as he ran a hand through his dishevelled hair.

'I bet you came straight out of your bed.' Yoongi seemed to suppress his laughter with great difficulty.

'Enough.' Joonie said, his leader side taking over. 'So as you all must be knowing we have got 2 weeks off starting today. We will be staying here for the same. So...enjoy yourselves. But there are a few rules. No drinking, no consumption of cold items and other things I don't need to mention.' He smiled and got back to his sunny side.

'Got it, Captain.' We responded together.

'So what's the plan for today?' Yoongi clapped his hands.

'I will be at the British Museum.' RM said.

'Um, I guess I can go with you, Joonie?' Jin asked, unsure.

'Sure, why not? Going to a museum with a partner is always double the fun.' RM looked overjoyed.

'Then I think I'll have fun shopping.' J-Hope had a huge grin plastered on his cute face.

'Can I join?' Yoongi stuck out his lower lip which made him look more like a kitten.

'As if I could ever say no to that face you just made.'

'I'll tour the streets first.' I stated.

'I'll go with you.' Jungkook said, more like declared.

'Me too.' Jimin butted in.

'It's not like you wouldn't come if I said no, is it?' 

***

'I want more of that pie.' Jimin whined as Jungkook dragged him towards the stall which sold perfumes. We had all the precautions to avoid the paparazzi. All of a sudden, I sensed her again. She was here nearby. I decided not to let on. Leaving Junkook and Jimin, I went to the small stall at the corner. It had a variety of chocolates, pastries, doughnuts and muffins. I took roughly 5 to 6 chocolate bars, 8 to 9 toffees, a pastry and a muffin and a couple of doughnuts. I paid the bill and after informing kookie and mochi, went to the nearest park and sat on the bench there. The atmosphere was really calming. I set down to munch on the delicacies I had bought.

Then I sensed her again, this time a lot stronger like she was right beside-

'Quite a sweet tooth you've got over there.' A familiar honey-like voice giggled. The woman sat down. That's when I saw her face. The one who collided with my former self a day prior. The one whom I couldn't stop thinking about. Though we sat on the same bench, she kept a distance between us. Smart woman.

'Are you a tourist?' She asked.

'Yeah. Just raided a confectioner.' I grinned. But my smile faded soon as I realized that I needed to take my mask off to eat. And that would reveal my identity. Now, I'm not an easily trusting guy. But somehow this woman made me feel more assured, more comfortable. I took the risk of unmasking my identity. Then she looked at me. Her eyes went wider than the doughnut I held.

'Hi, I'm V and I don't bite.' I held my hand out for her.

'My bias?!'