Chapter 4: Shit!

'Singing, dancing and looks apart, you are exceptionally creative too.' She teased.

'I can be creative in many ways.' I murmured. 

'Sorry, I didn't catch that.' She said'

'Nothing.' I said quickly. It would be too fast. But I need to work, right? So I asked for her number. This should be okay I thought. Not too fast, not too slow.

We parted our ways when Jungkook and Jimin bumped into me.

'Where were you, you bum?' Jungkook hissed.

'I met her just a few minutes ago.' I said, emphasizing the word "her". I knew that he was attracted to her the same as I was. He is, after all, a playboy. Zeus is a playboy. Jungkook is a playboy. What's the difference?

'What??? Are you freakingly kidding me?' Jungkook said with that funny expression on his face in which his eyes were bigger than saucers, his lips parted in surprise and his eyebrows raised up in surprise. 

'Nice. How much progress did you two make?' Jimin looked like a fish out of a pond with his failed trial to suppress his laughter.

'Uhhh.' I thought for a moment. 'We sat on a bench in the park and did a little bit of chatting here and there. And...-'

'And what?' Jimin asked excitedly.

'We exchanged phone numbers and she has invited me to her house tomorrow.'

'Oh. My. Ummm, Myself. That is a lot, I mean, really a hell lot of progress for a first time meeting.' Jimin bounced up and down.

'Oh just shut the hell up.' Jungkook looked away.

'Jealous of me already, kookie?' Jungkook made a sour face. We laughed heartily. 'Duh, whatever.' He made a waving gesture with his hand.

Just at that moment, we heard a surge of power, plus a muffled scream.

Aveline

***

I was immensely happy. Like, who would not be, when she met her BTS bias? My excitement can never be expressed in words. The flowers smelled sweeter, the birds' chirping sounded extra melodious and the environment felt merrier than before. 

I was only passing through the alley, when suddenly out of nowhere, a hand clamped over my mouth and I was dragged into the shadows lurking behind. I felt the same tingle through my body as it did with the mysterious monsters before. I shuddered.

'Hey pretty.' A deep but rasping voice said. It belonged to the man who stepped out of the darkness and into the light. Wait. Was it a man or a monster? With hair as dark as the shadows he came from and that sinister grin, he was way taller than me. 

'What do you want?' I asked quite strongly than I had expected. 

'Oh, quite the nerve you have got there, I must say. Ok, I will make this short for you. I will ask you a simple question for you to answer and if you comply, you are free to go. Hmm?'

I stared at him blankly.

'Who was that guy talking to you earlier in the park, on the bench and with whom you ate the pastries?'

'First, you do not need to add every detail in your sentences, it makes my ears tired. Second, why do you want to know?' I backfired.

'I told you to answer, not to question me.' He growled as he lifted me by my shirt. I whimpered. 'Now tell me.'

'I won't.' I felt a sudden urge to protect Kim Taehyung. He grabbed me by my throat and lifted me up the wall.

Not able to speak, I whimpered, 'Let me go you bastard.' He slapped me, hard. Deciding not to back down, I spat and was surprised to see blood instead of saliva. 

'Pretty please?' He laughed while his hand moved lower than my throat. I shrieked.

'Let her go, now.' A voice said. Was I already dead to see Jeon Jungkook, Kim Taehyung and Park Jimin come to my rescue?

The monster dropped me and I fell limply. Black spots clouded my eyes as I passed out.

***

Shit.

'Typhon?' Jungkook said, his voice barely above a whisper.

'Ah... now, who do we have here?' He smirked.

'You need us and here we are. Let her go. We do not want mortals to be involved in this.' Jimin gestured towards Aveline.

'Oops! You guys made a mistake there. The one I need is exactly her.'

'What do you mean?' Jungkook stepped forward.

'Well, well, well. You and your stupid Oracle. Have fun solving the puzzle.' And with that he vanished into a puff of black smoke.

We rushed to Aveline. I cradled her face in my arms.

'Aveline, wake up.' Jimin shook her arm slightly.

'Ave, please.' Tears streamed down my cheeks. 'Please... I beg you.' Her hair was sticky with blood, and so were her clothes.

Jungkook checked her pulse. 'It is getting fainter. Take her to the hospital. NOW!' His face was twisted in terror. I scooped her up and as no cab was available, we ran to the nearest hospital. She was immediately transferred to the operation room. Meanwhile I, Jimin and Jungkook sat near the reception. My shirt was smeared with blood. Jungkook rubbed his face. Jimin looked really distressed, which was a rare sight to see and I just sat there, not uttering a word. I was surprised about how I felt when I thought Aveline was dead. No no no no no. I can't let negative thoughts in my mind right now. I pondered over what Typhon said in the alley. What did he mean by he wanted her?  

My eyelids felt like a million tons and were about to shut when the nurse came out of the Operation room.

'Mr. Kim Taehyung?'

'Yes. That's me.'

'The patient is still unconscious but the injury is not serious. We just gave her a few stitches. She will be transferred to her room soon.' Then she left.

After a few minutes, the receptionist announced the closing of the visiting hours and that only one person could stay with the patient.

'V, I think you should stay with her.' Jimin said.

'Why not me? I can stay here as well.' Jungkook intervened.

'It makes more sense for V to stay here as Aveline already knows him.'

'Fine. You better be careful.' And with that Jungkook and Jimin left the hospital.

I headed towards Aveline's room. She was still lying unconscious on the hospital bed. She looked heavenly with that moonlight shining upon here serene face. 

I could only hope she liked me the way I did her.