Chapter 6: Enjoying myself

My mind went blank.

 Like, how in the world could Aveline be the elixir? Wasn't elixir supposed to be a glowing liquid? Maybe nature has its ways to surprise even gods. Even if we believe that she is what we seek, how were we supposed to explain it to her? Just like, "Hey, you must have heard something about the Greek myths and they are in fact, a reality. Three of your idols, including me your bias are partly human and part god. Our Mount Olympus is getting weaker and we were told by a mummified corpse to seek your help and so you must come with us." Yes, exactly how I would present it to her.

'Hello? You here?' Jimin waved his hand in front of me.

'How do we explain this mess to her?' I asked.

'Before jumping to any conclusion, we must see for ourselves. You know, believe only what you see, not what you hear. Especially from a thousand- year -old monster.' Jungkook came over. 'First, we'll observe her for a couple of days and then we proceed accordingly.

'You want us to spy on her?' I asked.

'You have any other idea?' Kook challenged.

'Alright, guys. Spying starts now. We shall take turns spying on her. Jungkook, you go first. The afternoon and evening slot is mine. Taehyung, you take over the night time.' Jimin distributed. He replied my wink. I was glad how he distributed the time slots. Kook got the least while I got the most time to spend, I mean spy over her. But I was not satisfied.

'We can show ourselves from time to time, right?' I did not like the idea of being in her presence without her knowing it.

'Sure, but make sure it is not obvious.' Jimin replied with a wink again. Jungook rolled his eyes.

***

I and Jimin walked to our hotel. The day seemed to be passing really slowly since I left the hospital. Part of me was at ease that Aveline had someone present right now who would protect her. Impatience chewed at my insides to be near her instead of Jungkook. But I needed to be patient, what else could I do?

'Someone's getting lovey-dovey here.' Jimin bumped his shoulders into mine.

'Shut up and thanks.'

'Thanks for what?'

'You know that.' I kept walking listlessly. And that's when I spotted Monster #2. This one was a she. Really? Is there a monster party organized nearby? I had encountered 5 to 6 monsters already today. But they had not sent any suspicious signals so I had left them be. I did not want to ruin my day this early. Suddenly, I fell to my knees. The world swam. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a few passer-bys glancing at me. But none of them even showed signs of helping. Jimin pulled me up.

'Hey. Hang on in there. What happened?' He patted my cheeks a few times. 'Are you even listening? Shit!' And with that, the world became dark.

***

The next thing I knew when I pried my eyes open was that I was lying down in a place where I had been less than an hour before- the hospital. I looked at my surroundings and was extremely pleased with what I saw. 

My bed was next to her, Aveline. You can imagine the feeling of being next to your crush. But first......... Why was I even here? Wasn't it Kook's turn to become the CCTV? Yoongi entered our the room, wearing that dopey grin. These guys would never let the opportunity to tease me go waste. Of course, they were jealous of me and why shouldn't they? I was the most handsome of them all after all. *Smirk* + *Wink*

'Dude, you ended up at exactly the right place.' Yoongi whispered and went back to flashing his teeth.

'How do you feel? What happened? Is everything alright?' Jin asked in a worried tone which made me miss my mom 10 times more.

'Fine. I don't know. I guess.' I replied. 

'Psst. What are you doing here?' Aveline's soft voice called out.

'Enjoying my vacation, I guess.' And that was the truth, wasn't it?

***

This chapter is from Kim Taehyung's POV. Poseidon will be involved when Taehyung, Jungkook and Jimin talk about the godly stuff.

Sorry for the short chapter.