Chapter 3: Half-Identity Reveal

'My bias?!' Her eyes went wider than the doughnuts I held. Her breaths came in short gasps and I could practically hear the faint beat of her heart increasing faster with each passing moment.

'Could you slap me?' She begged.

'What?!' She took me by surprise.

'You heard me right.' 

'But a pinch would do just as fine.' She was not making any sense.

'This reveal is a huge one and I really need to make sure I'm not having another of those dreams.' She insisted.

'Fine, if you say so.' I slapped her, correction: rubbed my hand against her creamy skin. Upon the skin contact, my body tingled the same way it had yesterday. I found out that both of my personalities reacted in the same way towards this particular female. I had a hard time fighting the urge to claim her already moist lips. But suddenly she sprang off the bench and took a few steps back.

'What happened?' I kicked myself mentally for being too sudden.

'Nothing.' She came back to sit, this time farther away.

'You never introduced yourself.' I tried to strike a conversation.

'Oh yeah, right. My name is Aveline Rivera and I live on a walking distance from here.' She relaxed visibly.

'Sorry about lying earlier but I need to keep myself secret here so-'

'Aw c' mon, you don't need to explain that. I just got lucky to see you in person, you know. I understand it all and I think I'll help you with it.' She winked.

It was becoming harder to control the urge.

***

My mind went fully blank when the man took off his mask. Like seriously? Just imagine... You are sitting on a bench in the park, talking to a normal street guy... and... out of nowhere, the guy turns out to be your bias! I mean, could anything be more worth to give someone a heart attack?

Not believing the truth, I asked him to slap me, but instead, he just caressed my cheek like that of a lover. For an alarming moment, my body tingled in the same way it had yesterday when I had collided with that man, and I jumped from the bench and took a few steps back. After regaining my composure, I sat back on the bench.

'Now I can confirm safely that this is not one of my those dreams.' I smiled.

'If you don't mind, can I have your phone number?' He gave me his phone.

'Mine?! What will a great person like you ever have to do with a nobody like me?' I was shocked plus excited.

'First, never underestimate yourself. I too was a nobody once. Second, I don't know, you could be my tour guide for a week.' He winked.

'An Army would never turn down a once-in-a-thousand lives opportunity like this.' I winked back. I could not believe I was flirting with Kim Taehyung himself.

'Oh, so you too are a BTS fan, I see. And can I say that your bias is me?'

'Aw, so full of yourself, aren't you V?' I laughed.

'You said it yourself.

'When?'

'When I removed my mask.' He smirked.

'Yeah right. I forgot.' I was sure that my face was beet-red. You can't help it when a "Lord of Beauty" is sitting right beside you in jeans and a button-down shirt, with that devilish smirk on his inhumane face. I saved my number on his phone. I did not forget to notice the names he had used to save the other group members' numbers. I burst out laughing.

'What are you laughing at?' He frowned.

'What are these?' I couldn't stop laughing. 'This- "Makoonae, Hoobi, Pinky- Ponky, Soongi, Mochi- Pochi, Joonie"?'

He snatched the phone. 'Those are other names for Jungkook, Hoseok, Jin, Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon, respectively.'

'Singing, dancing and looks apart, you are exceptionally creative too.' I teased him. He huffed and then murmured something

'Sorry, I didn't catch that.' I said.

'Nothing. Umm, could we meet later again?' He looked shy.

'As if you need to ask me.' I huffed. 'Sure. At my place then? When are you free?'

'This week is our vacation. So I'll be free anytime you call me.' He replied.

'But I don't have your number.' My cheeks felt really hot.

'Wait. I'll call you.' My phone buzzed.

'Got it! I will be coming to pick you up when I call you.' I said. 

'Ok.' Then he turned his attention towards the sweets. 'Want some?' He offered me his chocolate.

'Thank you.' I put the bar in my purse.

'You have to eat it or it will melt.' He said pointing at my purse.

'I'll keep this bar reserved and take it to my grave even if it rots. I don't care what condition it is in. What matters is by the person who gave this.' I smiled. Then his eyes became darker or was it my imagination? After finishing off the goodies in silence, we stood up.

'Well then, I'll be waiting for your call.' He smirked. 

***