Chapter 17: I Get Schooled

One Day Later

Third POV

"These are your new instructors, Percy." Chaos guided him to the back of her mansion, where three teachers were waiting patiently. 

The first one stepped forward and shook Percy's hand. "My name is Orpheus. I'll be your strategic teacher. From battle plans to small decision-making, you will know how to make the right plans, and know how to choose wisely and forms good plans under pressure. I'll also be teaching you on medicines and healing."

Percy nodded and smiled. "Percy. Nice to meet you." He moved on to the second one.

"Name is Achilles. I'll be teaching you use of all weaponry, and basic battle-field rules when it comes to Empress Chaos's standards. Use of weaponry includes stealth as well. Heard you took another bath in the Styx?"

"Yep. Nice to meet you." Percy grinned and moved on.

"My name is Theseus, I'll be teaching you magic, spells, potions, all of it, including enhancing your powers."

"Awesome! Looking forward to it." Percy said.

"Percy, settle in for now. Your training will begin after lunch." Chaos led him away from the teachers.

"Why not tomorrow?"

"You need to begin as soon as possible." She patted his shoulder as Percy went inside.

"You know what would be cool? If we had the first Perseus train me, the second one. Huh?"

"Yes, we only chose good trainers. When we gathered the heroes of old, we couldn't find Perseus or Hercules, which is a bit troubling."

"Hercules is at the Pillars of Hercules at the entrance to the Mediterranean Sea."

"We went there, but he wasn't there." She sighed.

That's weird,  he thought. Wasn't Hercules supposed to be there? He was literally tied to the place, unable to leave and to always forever guard the place. But Percy shook it off, thinking it wasn't important at the time. 

Percy looked around and was amazed. The ground was made wood, but the carpets were painted the colors of the galaxies, and the colors actually moved around like GIFs. There was a wall of glass to his right, and another to his left. Both had long, velvet black curtains lined with white silk. A glass coffee table was set on the right side of the room, surrounded by comfy couches, chairs and beanbags. There was a huge TV directly to his right. Further down was a bar, and a bunch of swivel-chairs attached to it and non-alcoholic drinks stacked on top of one another inside it. On Percy's left was a large, galaxy-painted table with high chairs, and a fruit bowl and chip bowl placed in the middle. Mats were laid around the table for dining purposes. Opposite to the bar was a kitchen. There was a huge fridge and two mini-fridges. All of the plates, cups and utensils were stacked neatly inside cabinets and cupboards, every single thing you could need for cooking.

Percy walked further into the place, and went into the left hallway. There were five doors on each side of the long hallway. On the very end, there was one last door. As he walked by each one, he saw that there were nametags on each door for the rest of his team. Percy opened his. It was blank, except for a tiny picture frame in the middle. He walked over to it, and read the sticky-note stuck on it. 

Imagine what your room wants to be like-Chaos

Percy thought for a bit, before ultimately deciding his room image. He thought carefully with his eyes closed, and smiled when he opened them. Starting from the backside was a large window that you could open and close, with curtains just in case if he felt like it was too much sun. The walls were painted as if you were underwater during the night. Right in front of it was a hammock, a large one complete with pillows and blankets. On the right side of the room were huge glass bubbles tinted blue, acting as the cabinets for his supplies. Further up the right wall was little hooks meant to hang weapons. In the bottom left corner was a file cabinet painted with Blackjack and Mrs. O'Leary. Hung on the left wall were lots of paintings of his adventures, and even a painting of his crushes, the three goddesses. There was also a bulletin board for scheduling things and for writing things he needed to-do. Overall, he felt like this was a good place to live in.